cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII Server - Out of memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

We have a problem with the SAP MII server, on the Log Viewer I found several records "Out of memory" and on server, the process "com.sap.xmii.bls.executables.actions.illuminator.IllumDocAccompanimentData" is consuming 56% of java resources, tipping the server.

SAP MII Version 12.2.4 Build(86)

Anybody knows what is happening?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It means that in one of your transactions you are using the SAP MII Document actions (Doc, Row, DataItem, etc...) to build up an XML structure that is enormous.

Do you have any ideas via the "Transaction Manager" page which transaction could be running that causes this?  Also, you may have to allocate more RAM to your server instance; what are the specs for your MII server hardware?

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

You may want to check to see if you have dummy data being replicated somewhere in the document handling flow.  It often does not take many replications points before it has grown to rather large proportions.

Cheers, Mike
SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

I checked the Transaction Manager and is all alright. There aren't any locked transaction.

The hardware specs are:

8 processors,

Windows 2008 R2, 64G RAM

Cluster with two nodes identical.

Current consumption of memory RAM 29G, accounting for SQL, Oracle and netweaver

There is a parameter on java called JavaHeapSize, this parameter is configured how calculated. Do you think that We can set and increase a value for it?

Thank so much!

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'll check and let you know.

Thank you so much!

Thiago

0 Kudos

Thiago,

You can set the MaxHeap in the NetWeaver configtool.

Just Make sure that you have the "Available RAM" on the server to support this and please note that the MaxHeap value applies to each java server node in the cluster individually.  So if you have 2 nodes with a max heap of 8GBs that is actually allocating 16GBs of RAM to NetWeaver.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

Below follow the server memory configurations. The MaxHeap parameters are calculated. Can this cause some problem?

Yes we have 2 nodes, but the server have 64gb of memory ram.

Currently the server is consuming just 19% from memory.

Regards,

Thiago

0 Kudos

I see, I am not sure how that calculation is determining your MaxHeap but something seems strange to me if you are only utilizing 19% of RAM but have some much available on the server.  Is this server utilization being monitored by your BASIS team and can they outline a profile for you around peak utilization percentages for CPU, RAM, and Disk IO?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

The BASIS changed the parameter MaxHeapSize to 10Gb each node. Until now the system is stable.

If we find any other detail, I'll let you to know.

Thank you for help!

Thiago Barros

Answers (0)