cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rebuild PBD with PowerBuilder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
I have a compiled pbd file which I need to edit and make a very small change to the code.

I tried using a HEX editor, but unless I have the wrong settings, that doesnt seem to work?

The file was built with PowerBuilder 6.5.1 and I have PowerBuilder 6.5. I get an error when I try and load any window object. Is there really a big difference between the two version that will fail to load the window object in PB? If I use PBBrowse I can see the window and object properties and could rebuild the window objects in last case scenario.

I also used pbdumper and I can extract the source files from the pbd (once I rename the file to .pbl). But is there another way to rebuild all the source files and successfully generate an updated .pbd with the changes I need?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A pbd contains only the compiled object and not the source code.

You cannot hex edit it. I never heard of pbdumper, but if you have the source code you need to edit it in the PB 6.5 development environment.

There is not much difference in 6.5 and 6.5.1, if it cannot load the window it means that the window or possibly the ancestor or another object on the window or referenced from the window is corrupt.

If complex inheritance is involved you might have to recompile the entire application.

Ben