cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

I'm creating a shopping cart with GL account as "Account Assignment Category". My question here is how the GL account is populating by default when i'm selecting "G/L Account" option from "Account Assignment Category".

Correct me if i'm wrong..

I feel G/L Account will be defaulted on the shopping cart based on the product category and G/L Account assigned to that in

SPRO--> SRM SERVER--> CROSS APP BASIC Settings--> Account Assignment--> Define G/L for product category...

1) If this is true do we need to tick the check box on the product category line

2) In my case no check box is ticked but i'm getting a default G/L Account on the shopping cart when i'm choosing G/L Account as Acc Assig Category..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

For your original query that how account category is retrived by default, the answer is as below:

You may check the user(SC creator) in trx pposa_bbp, and in the attribute tab, there is an attribute called KNT, you may define all the possible account categories by inserting a lot of lines. And if you set one of them as 'default', it will be chosen while creating document. If none of them is set as default, then maybe the first one or the last one will be chosen as default.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sanjay

did you try implementing the below notes ?

1651167 - GL account default is not set correctly

1667610 - Wrong GL account when Default Settings clicked

Let me know the SRM version you currently have .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Sorry for the late reply,, we are using SRM 7.01 version

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

Please can you elaborate on what the issue is as I did not in particular understand the same ?

Generally in SRM we will maintain GL account and Product category combination. During shopping cart creation we will select product category, that will automatically populate the GL account number in cost assignment GL account field.

when you would select the product category it has to automatically populate the GL account field and account assignment category. if there is one to one match found for the product category to GL account then system shall default that GL account,

if the mapping is many to one then system shall default Gl acount with sequece number '01' and  show the allowed GL Accounts that are mapped to this product Category when performing the search.

Let me know on what exactly are you looking for . try pasting a screenshot for better understanding .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thank you for the quick reply, please take a look at the screenshot...

my issue is when i'm trying to create a SC with G/L Account as Account Assignment Category (Note: I'm not creating SC with cost center/Asset....) G/L account field and profit center fields are populating by default.. and if i'm trying to change the G/L account, it is routing back to the default G/L account..

Can you please tell me where the settings are done for populating default value and how can i revert that back..

Thanks in advance

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

put a break-point in ACCOUNT_FILL method from /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_BO_SC class to understand what's happened.

Later in the process, BBP_DETERMINE_ACCOUNT function module is called which one calls:

-     BBP_GET_ACCOUNTING function module to read customizing regarding G/L Account definition for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

-     then BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT.

Regards.

Laurent.

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

One more question:

do you mean changing 'account assignment category' or just field 'General Ledger Account'?

I suggest the following notes:

1815974 GL account is assigned even if no customizing entry

1651167 GL account default is not set correctly

Usually, GL account will be determined from customizing if you defined this, and account assignment category can also be taken from default settings.

However if you manually change them in SC, they should be changed accordingly, not revert back to default value.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Yes i'm getting this error during "Account Assignment Category" change..