Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS Transport Error: OPEN_DATASET_NO_AUTHORITY

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I'm trying to configure CTS in PI. I follow the configuration based on the following document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30177

I've finished the configuration at the document. Then, I test the CTS transport. When I try to transport an Object (a message mapping) from ESR. The TR is created but then there's a window popup at the Java telling me the CTS transport failed and I see the trace, I come up with the following message:

Caused by: RfcException: [null] message: No authorization to open the file /usr/sap/trans/tmp/d1d5c3a08d5911e3bdb99e686e02a504. Return code: RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION(3) error group: 104 key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE message class: 00 message type: X message number: 341 message parameter 0: OPEN_DATASET_NO_AUTHORITY at com.sap.conn.rfc.engine.RfcIoOpenCntl.RfcReceive(RfcIoOpenCntl.java:1926) at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcClient.execute(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1639)

Seems there's an exception when opening the file in folder /usr/sap/trans/tmp/

Is there any missing authorization for my user or the CTSSRVUSER?

Should I set the file permission for the folder /usr/sap/trans/tmp/ to 777 ?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

According with the CTS+ documentation for PI 7.1 http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ccd0ec-2839-2b10-0097-828fcd8ed...

the user will need SAP the standard profile SAP_CTS_PLUS, have you checked this? (check point 5.1)

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi - In the same blog, there is an SAP note suggested which talks about file access.

Did you check if that is applicable to you.

1497388 - CTS+ deploy test: Incorrect return code 8

Goto STMS->click on import overview(F5) -> select your system and execute the Transport tool option under Import Queue ->check

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Sorry, Forgot to mention that my PI version is 7.11 while the documentation is actually for 7.30.

I've checked the STMS transport tool check and everything is ok (all check is green).

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi - Make sure that the S_DATASET authorization is properly assigned to CTS user..

I would also suggest you to compare your configuration with the document suggested by Inaki as it's more relavent considering your PI version.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

Apply the below roles to the user

1. a)   SAP_XI_CMS_SERV_USER
  2.        SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE
  3. SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2ee

and refer the below blog

regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi

Try to find the correspondent authorization like this Julius von dem Bussche blog's pointed

Regards.