SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL add new Automatic Structure to MigObj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Last year I made a MigObj that migrates data to 3 Ztables(all three have an automatic structure), now I have to add another.

I have already changed the function module so that it can insert data to the new Z-table via a new tables parameter.

My problem is, how can I add the new table parameter to the MigObj as an Automatic Structure so that I can use it in EMIGALL?

Thanks for the help, Igor!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor

It's relatively simple:

• In EMIGALL, double click the object you want to add the Z-Structure. If the structure is on "root"-level, do not mark any structures of the objects, otherwise mark the structure you want the new structure to be related to.
  • Go to menu-item "Automatic structure: Create".
  • Specify the type of the structure in "Max. Inputstr." and the record type in "Rec data type". In case you can have mutiple rows in the structure - so an internal table - set the flag "Multiple".
  • Finally, set the Generation flag and in case the structure is not part of the AUTO-structure set the Customer flag.

You can check the AUTO-structure by going to the object details (EMIGALL: Migration object: Display) and double-clicking the value of "Auto struc.Type". You might have to change this type to include your new sub-structure.

Yep

Jürgen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor

It's relatively simple:

• In EMIGALL, double click the object you want to add the Z-Structure. If the structure is on "root"-level, do not mark any structures of the objects, otherwise mark the structure you want the new structure to be related to.
  • Go to menu-item "Automatic structure: Create".
  • Specify the type of the structure in "Max. Inputstr." and the record type in "Rec data type". In case you can have mutiple rows in the structure - so an internal table - set the flag "Multiple".
  • Finally, set the Generation flag and in case the structure is not part of the AUTO-structure set the Customer flag.

You can check the AUTO-structure by going to the object details (EMIGALL: Migration object: Display) and double-clicking the value of "Auto struc.Type". You might have to change this type to include your new sub-structure.

Yep

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Juergen!!

That is probably the solution to the problem, but now I found another...

The MigObj that I want to change is referenced in a hyper MigObj and because of that EMIGALL doesn't let me change the MigObj. Do you maybe know a solution in which I don't have to delete the hyper object, since there is a-lot of customization in it's Events.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Hi Igor

I never used hyper-objects myself, but everything is based on stored information, either in object/structure/field or in the event tables. Therefore I would think, that you can stop the link between the Hyper and the standard object (try by removing the gernate flag first, otherwise delete the object from the structure altogether) without loosing any information, apart from the flag.

Do the changes on the standard object and add it back to the Hyper object (either set the Generate flag or create the object again).

Yep

Jürgen