Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Push notification not working for SMP 2.3 hybrid web container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Steps we had done

• Register for the iPhone Developer Program as an enterprise developer to access the Developer Connection portal and get the certificate required to sign applications.
  • Create an App ID (ae.gov.xxx.xxxx) and ensure that it is configured to use Apple Push Notification Service (APNS).
  • Create and download an enterprise APNS certificate that uses Keychain Access in the Mac OS.
  • Create an enterprise provisioning profile and include the required device IDs with the enterprise certificate. The provisioning profile authorizes devices to use applications you have signed.
  • Use the provided source code along with SMP 2.3 SP03 SDK(iOS_HWC_2.3.3.tar) for hybrid web container to customize
  • Change the project name & app id of HWC (eg: Workflow) and also change the bundle identifier to new (ae.gov.xxx.xxxx).
  • Create New Application in SCC with the APP ID (Workflow) with TYPE Hybrid App
  • Opened the ports 2195 and 2196 for APNS
  • Upload the APNS certificate to SAP Control Center
  • Verify that native notification is enabled for the user:
      • For Application Settings, ensure the Notification Mode property is set to either Only native notifications or Online/ payload  push  with native notification.
      • For Apple Push Notifications, ensure the Enabled property is set to True.
      • Check that the APNS Device Token contains a value. This indicates that a token has passed successfully following successful application activation

After doing all these steps, when we trigger new work item the device will receive the item without any Push notification. And also we can’t find any logs related to Apple push notification service in APNSProfider folder.

Kindly let me known if I am missing something to enable iOS push notification.

Regards,

Abdu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply on this. Yes i am able to telnet Apple servers on 2195 and 2196.

But i am using the same Production APNS certificate in Sandbox system. We have not configured SSL in our environment.

I will create a new APNS cert for Sandbox now and will see if its working.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you are using production certificate, make sure to use "gateway.push.apple.com"

Regards,

Fibeesh C Aboobacker

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdu,

I am facing the same issue on SMP 2.3 server so please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue on your side.

I have followed the same steps mentioned by you

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Have you verified ports 2195 and 2196 are indeed open in your environment by using telnet to Apple's servers?

Perhaps you can also double check that you are not mixing up the Sandbox and Production APNs servers and the SSL certificates being used.

Configuring Push Notifications

Thanks,

Andrew.