cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume Odata service in the Agentry(syclo)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the Odata service to fetch the flight schedule information from the table SPLFI. So i want use it in the syclo.

How and where do i use it?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

There is information on how to create the Flight application using Agentry:

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shashank,

I was going to suggest the same thing that Bill did.  To pull your flight info down to the client, you would need to create an XML system connection in your project.  Then create a new Step tied to the XML backend connection containing the XML you will use to call the service.  Tie that Step to a new Fetch you will create to call the OData web service and retrieve the data, mapped back to your Agentry object collection.  Research XML backend in Agentry documentation to get some examples to help you with this.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

SyBooks Online says that we can consume ODATA on Native application .

But how to consume Odata on agentry application  SMP3.0 , Can anyone help me and provide the steps .

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In theory, since the OData services are just web services you can potentially consume them in Agentry using the HTTP-XML backend connection type.  However, please keep in mind that Agentry normally communicates to SAP through the Java backend connection type and the Jco interfaces.

Let us know how it goes.  I was thinking about trying something similar but have not had a chance yet to try.

--Bill