cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC - Creating Mitigating Control Error in GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using GRC 10.0 in our system. When trying to create mitigating control from the Path -> Master Data-> Mitigating Controls-> Create Control, we are getting below error and no more help option is available or couldn't get what is missing.

Error was Saving data Failed.

AC Action CMOD is not valid with system ID D08CLNT720.

Please help me on this at the earliest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hima Bindu,

Please go through the below blog post. Your issue also has been discussed.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you so much for your help. As per the link, if we dont enter reports it is working fine but in our case if we dont enter reports it is giving same error as saving failed.

All the data is also maintained but even then we couldn't get it.

Please need help on this

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

If you are mitigating a SOD risk you need to work along with functional consultants and identify the reports which would be suitable for that control. Based on different project requirements business work with functional consultants and provide the reports required for that mitigation control either standard ones or customized reports.

Access Controls is used as a documental tool for Mitigating Controls, rather than a implementing tool, i.e. you apply the control against the role/user, but the actual application of the control is performed outside of Access Control. This may be realized by running a custom SAP report to monitor the usage of the risky functions within the ECC system etc.

Access Control allows you to document such reports against the Mitigation Control, so this is the purpose of the tab.

The monitors will periodically get alerts from GRC to review the Mitigation reports  and they have to run the reports and take appropriate action as required in Mitigation control.

This is the reason you need to specify reports when creating mitigation controls.

Eg:

Action is for the t-code [either standard or Customized] of the SAP Report. A brief explanation below will help in understanding

If you have a mitigation control that Mr. Z will run X report using Y t-code on a frequent basis of monthly or quarterly and reviews the report.

Then you need to give that Report name- X, in Action - Y T-code and frequency as Monthly/Quarterly. This helps for the system to check if the t-code has been executed or not in that frequency by the Monitor and generates a Alert [based on alert generation configuration]

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You are right... But when i give tcode in Action say as Example CMOD, then it is giving me error as

Saving data Failed. AC Action CMOD is not valid with system ID D08CLNT720 (Our Backend System).

If i dont give anything in reports tab and if i fill rest all and go for submit even then it is giving Saving Data failed.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bindu,

Implement below note.

To resolve this implement SAP Note: 1902129 - Unable to save Mitigation control after adding AC Report

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We are back..Need your support on above issue.

We have implement Note 1902129 - Unable to save Mitigation control after adding AC Report in GRC AC 10.0

When we are trying to create Control ID for Mitigation, we are getting Error - Submit Failed and no other error.

No Dumps found for the error.

Please help and revert

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

For this issue, please see below notes which has instruction to add SAP Script to the object.  Though the note is for SPM issue, it is the missing SAP script object that causes issue

1800347 - Short Dump on FF Login

1890058 - "Saving note failed" error comes while saving Mitigation Control

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)