cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using NW04s Sneakpreview. I'm trying to set up portal eventing.

I defined 2 Iview in a page. 1 view, I defined an Signal out. By default it set the event to evt1 and when I compile the view I got error message stating event evt1 is defined but cannot be raised. So I remove the event.

The second Iview, I add a Signal in, add the fields as listed in Signal out of the first IView. This Iview is updated only when the page is executed. Whenever I select different item in the table, the second Iview still display the first value.

Signal out and signal in name are the same.

Do I need to set something up? Just don't know why the 2nd Iview is not updated by the table selection on the 1st Iview.

Any idea on how to resolve the problem?

Regards,

Iwan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example of Portal Eventing between a VC iView and a BI iView:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

The same should be valid for your example...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks. That's very helpful. However, I have to create a push button to trigger the event. Can I trigger the event whenever the user click a row in the tableview?

Regards,

Iwan

UPDATE: after a quick search, i can use SELECT event when defining my Signal out, eventhough the SELECT is not part of the predefined event from the dropdown.

Message was edited by:

Iwan Santoso

Answers (0)