cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Partner Mapping for INVOIC idocs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Hopefully this is a simple question.

Our company provides third party Sales & Distribution on behalf of many clients in the healthcare industry. When a transaction is completed (i.e. shipped and billed), we want to send an INVOIC02 message to the client so that they can duplicate the transaction in their own ERP system.

The basics of this process are working fine - an idoc is being generated from our billing document, and sent successfully to a Logical System partner.

However, one of our clients would like us to present the Partner information (sold-to, ship-to, etc) using their external customer numbers, rather than our own internal customer numbers.

I have attempted to do this using entries in the standard PUMA mapping table (transaction VNPU), but it seems to have no effect.  The E1EDKA1 segments in the idoc are entirely unchanged, no matter how I configure the mapping.  We use very similar customer mapping on our inbound B2B trading, in the EDPAR table (transaction VOE4), and that somehow translates external references into our internal numbers without a hitch.

What am I doing wrong here?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I believe you have exactly doing the way SAP recommends to do

Basically VOE4 serves the purpose the converting External Number to Internal and vice versa

more information can be found in OSS note # 747317

thanks,

santosh