cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Standard Partner Function for Importer Of Record?

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Due to some consolidation, drop-ship process, we need to have the importer of record added as a partner in our SD Documents. I was looking through the standard GTS Partner Functions and found an Exporter partner function but not an Importer (or rather Importer Of Record).

I found this and am not sure based on the description if I should use this as Importer Of Record...

CUSERW    Cust.ForeignCty

Has anyone done this in their environment?  Please let me your thoughts on this topic.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

There is some standard functionality involving the CUSERW partner function.  It is used when imported goods are to be onward-shipped, potentially to another country.  The CUSERW partner is then the ultimate destination but not the partner to whom the goods have been initially delivered.  Your question is a bit vague, so I'm not sure if it's a good choice for your purpose or not.

I can't right now remember the details of that functionality, but will find time to research it if you are interested.

Regards,
Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

We have a sister company in CA, who we are selling product to but it is being dropped shipped to the end-customer. On the ERP side, it is inter-company billing and on the GTS side, we want to show that the the end-customer is not responsible for the entry but our sister company.

So, I was looking for an existing partner function that would serve that purpose.

Does that help?

And Thank you for your prompt reply.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

CUSERW is generally mapped from partner 'DA' ("Delivery Address") in the P.O.

CUSEMP is the usual partner function for "Consignee", proposed automatically by the system.

CUSZEM is also available as "Authorised Consignee" - perhaps that would be useful for you?

But isn't the question more around what the Customs authority expects to see in the declaration message (or the printed form)?  If there's a particular constellation or qualifier that should be used to indicate the "drop-ship" situation, then you would need to work backwards through the mapping to find out which partner type is needed in GTS.  Or have I mis-understood?

Regards,

Dave