Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, do we have any function module equal to

CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_OUTPUT

in BW?

I tried to use it but it does not return any value in BW but in ECC it returns value.

Please let me know
Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

We have two function modules only. Those two are already known to you.

Are you using at field level to convert their format.

CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_INPUT - Thus function module works opposite to above function module.

Even at SE37 you can try to use F4 help by using Conversion_exit*, you will get all function modules which are conversion related. thru them you can find it available exits.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama thanks but the same modules does not work in BW environment as stated in my question. but they work fine in ECC.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May i Know this is for which Purpose?

if you wan to do for single IOBJ Displaying same as ECC Field , Then you can set at BI without using F.M For that IOBJ need to change IOBJ Propeties in BI By Default it will  be ALPHA we can change as per requiriment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

p seshu, thanks. This is for wbs element. If i make a change then it will be a problem for every thing else since the object is shared by everyone else.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Conversion function modules need access to data for both sides of the conversion. In ECC you have WBS internal and external numbers in PRPS table. In BW you have to have the appropriate attribute for 0WBS_ELEMT. These conversion functions in BW convert WBS_ELEMT value to WBS_ELEMT_EX and vice versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run my RSA3, the WBS Element comes up as P-130-121 which is what I want. but then what happens is when i extract it in to my PSA. it converts it self in to numbers like '7532' which is NOT what i want (This number matches with what shows up for field PSPNR in table PRPS, Go to PRPS in SE11, Under setting menu, take check off of Consider conversion exit and then run the table, then you will a number appear for PSPNR, this same number appears in my PSA for wbs field and i don't want this number, i want what shows up in POSID field for PRPS table).

In my datasource there is a standard routine (ABPSP) for WBS field and has three options internal, external and check. i  tried all three but no one seems to converts this back to RSA3 format. Can some one help me in retaining the format that shows up in RSA3 screen please?

I tried to use the function module 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_OUTPUT' in BW but is does not work in BW, but works in ECC.

Thanks.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let the PSA update WBS element master data. Number 7532 will become the key value for 0WBS_ELEMT infoobject. P-130-121 is probably mapped to attribute 0WBS_ELEMT_EX of infoobject 0WBS_ELEMT. Infoobject 0WBS_ELEMT in BW is defined with conversion routine of WBSEL. So when you use 0WBS_ELEMT in queries, the conversion routine is executed and you should see P-130-121 as output and not 7532.

In ECC 7532(PSPNR) is the key. Users can change the external WBS number assigned to this key. You want to maintain the same on BW side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineet, that is what i thought too but even in ECC, if I put in 7535 for PSPNR, it comes back saying WBS Element does not exist. but when I put P-130-121 in PSPNR, table shows me data and if i check off the conversion rule, it shows me 7535 in PSPNR field.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you probably already know, field conversion has two functions. For example WBSEL conversion in BW has:

CONVERSION_EXIT_WBSEL_INPUT

CONVERSION_EXIT_WBSEL_OUTPUT

INPUT function is invoked when you enter a value in an input field and it tries to convert the input value from external format to internal format,

OUTPUT function is invoked when the field value has to be displayed and it will convert internal format to external format.

If you lookup the code for these two function modules in BW using SE37, you will be able to follow the conversion process and see the logic.

In ECC conversion exit is ABPSP which has its corresponding conversion functions. As a result if you put in 7535 in PSPNR, it tries to convert that to an internal format and fails to find any records in ECC. Database stores it as 7535 with the idea that you never have to see 7535 number and use the user friendly P-130-121 number.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The FM (I had a quick look at the coding)- CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_OUTPUT

In ECC, FM first checks the WBS values in buffer and then if it do not find anything in buffer then it checks in the database tables PRPS and  VSPRPS_CN for its existance and all other processing.

In BW system, the tables are not maintained so the FM do not provide any values in output.

I don't think you will be able to check/convert the value. I suggest you check in the other datasources where the link is extracted from ECC. Or you may try to built a FM based datasource but that would be extreme so better try any other datasource first if there is any available which you can use.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also as Vineet suggested, try those in BW. They should work.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to convert WBS Elements?

If yes, you may use this CONVERSION_EXIT_WBSEL_INPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman, yes I am trying to do that but this module you gave does not return any value. do i need to do any thing special?

thanks.