cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise on off-site company network printing from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We are trying to implement some printers which locations are not a part of our compnay network. They are accessing our SAP system via Internet and printing from there. So we are looking for some solutions on how to print from SAP to these locations are not a part of our company network. Can you share some information if your company had some experiences to deal with our situation? Can you provide what software you are using, company name, product name, pros and cons, etc?

Thank you very much!

Yujun Ran Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yujun

As already said recommend by yves " SAPSPrint method" in our production environment we are maintenance more the 600+ printers across the network LAN & WAN link.

Kindly follow  the Steps to configuration the SAPSPrint access method

Remote Printing (Access Methods S and U) - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Library

Installing SAPSprint - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Library

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Sorry I must not been clear on my question. I understand we have option SAPSprint for remote printing.  My question is how to print when a printer is NOT a part of our company network. For example, the printer is at our customer's network, not at all on ours and we have no access to our customers network.  We are looking for some options to print via cloud or something like that. My question is to find out if there are some software or services offer this ability so we can print to our customer's printers in their network. And we both connected to internet.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yejun

As you said that those are not part of your company. they are accessing on your SAP system via internet.

You can follow two options by using SAPGUI by using "SAP F Printing method" (or) WebGUI

1. in your SAP system you can define the Local printer device by using the T-code SPAD and assign the same to User profile default setting for both reference i have provided the screen shot

SAP F printing method device for Example- Device type "LOCL"

Same device LOCL assign to user which are not part of your company and also you may provide the T-code SP02 to view the spool

reference link - Front-End Printing (SAP GUI for Windows) (SAP Library - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN))

2. By using WEBGUI, you can follow the screen shot reference

Regards

Sriram

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option is to provide a software VPN connection for other company(s) and limit them to only connect to the SAP system they need to, at which point they could leverage a front end printer in your SAP system.

Another consideration to have though, is if the printer at these remote locations support PCL, PS, Zebra, etc and what your documents need in order to look correct when they come out of a printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your helful answer. I am aware of these options. The real answer we are looking for are if there are some kind of cloud printing technologoes available for SAP printing in current market. We found the "PrinterOn", who is doing SAP printing via cloud. We want to check with people here if someone are using similar products.

Thanks,

Yujun

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would recommend that you use SAPSprint daemon if you are in Windows environment.

- This will avoid having your SAP system pooling far away printers with slow response time

- You cloud restrict access by only opening the SAPSprint port you defined on the firewall

Regards

894444 - Tool for server-based printing on Windows (SAPSprint)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yves,

Sorry I must not be clear on my question. I understand we have option SAPSprint for remote printing.  My question is how to print when a printer is NOT a part of our company network. For example, the printer is at our customer's network, not at all on ours and we have no access to our customers network.  We are looking for some options to print via cloud or something like that. My question is to find out if there are some software or services offer this ability so we can print to our customer's printers in their network. And we both connected to internet.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran