cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method did not associated to the Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, I need some help.

I've created a Inspection Method for a Master Inspection Characteristic at the QS31 and associated it at the QS23. This Master Inspection Characteristic already got one Method, but the client asked for one more. Ok, I did it. But when I try to print the Certificate, the new Method do not appears, only the old Method.

It's important to say that the client wants both methods on the Certificate.

The ABAP consultant said the program verify the table QAMV and the new method don't figure in this table associated to the Inspection Lot. Do somebody know how this table works? How are the data imported into this table? Is missing some step of operational or customizing steps?

Thank you for your support!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rodrigo,

QAMV is a table for Characteristics specification for Inspection processing, That means it will give you data related to Inspection plan/Task list/Inspection specifications assigned to an inspection Lot.

Now, In an inspection plan you can select only one inspection method for each MIC. (Even if you have assigned TWO inspection methods in QS23).

As per your ABAPer, certificate program fetches Inspection Method from QAMV, and here program gets only Old inspection method which is obvious.

I would suggest you to change program logic :

Fetch VERWMERKM- QAMV and use it as an input for QPMZ (VERWMERKM = MKMNR)

in QPMZ you will get both Inspection methods (PMETHODE).

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please.. do not change the COA program!  Please see my blog at

This can cause problems.

Putting two method on a COA is not a good practice.  You can only run the test via one method.  If you run it via a second method, it should be a second tests.

My guess is that you are trying to reference two methods that are basically equivalent.  For an inspection method in the standard SAP COA program you have the option to print the long text of the method.  I would suggest changing your SAP script to accommodate printing the long text of the method.  Then in the COA profile you can specify that the long text is printed.

In the long text of the method, you would specify something like:

"Plant Method M133930, equivalent to ASTM-323440".

Or whatever text makes everyone happy.

Crag

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got the Idea!! Going through the Blog,

Thanks for sharing

Amol.