SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEP Configuration - Personnel Expenditure Projection

0 Kudos

We had PEP implemented in our organization however we are facing some issues. I want to know how and where do I change the logic for PEP Projection i.e. I want PEP to capture all fund centres except a few. Furthermore If I want to bring in certain benefits and exclude others.

Where can I change this logic. Is it in BW or in the PEP Configuration Menu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

The selection for fund centers for PEP is on the PEP scenario screen. There is a drop down for fund center. The list presented is based on the Fund Center hierarchy as per the Combo Edit rules. You can pick a node from the hierarchy list and the fund centers at that hierarchy node and below will be included in the results.

The benefits that PEP will include is based on the employees and positions that qualified for the projection. The benefits can be specified at the employee, position or job master data levels. Rather than change the master data you can do some changes in the projection screen that would affect only that projection. You could try to set the rate to 0 for those benefits you want to exclude. If you are running PBF 8.0 you will have some more options here if you run a What-if Scenario.

Hope this helps,

Anne Webb

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

The selection for fund centers for PEP is on the PEP scenario screen. There is a drop down for fund center. The list presented is based on the Fund Center hierarchy as per the Combo Edit rules. You can pick a node from the hierarchy list and the fund centers at that hierarchy node and below will be included in the results.

The benefits that PEP will include is based on the employees and positions that qualified for the projection. The benefits can be specified at the employee, position or job master data levels. Rather than change the master data you can do some changes in the projection screen that would affect only that projection. You could try to set the rate to 0 for those benefits you want to exclude. If you are running PBF 8.0 you will have some more options here if you run a What-if Scenario.

Hope this helps,

Anne Webb

0 Kudos

Hi Anne

Thanks for the response. We have certain fund centres that are always excluded however they are stored in PBF BW position attributes for reporting purposes however we never use them for projection.

Ideally this would work if those certain fund centres were on a node level however we want majority of the node and exclude some of the leaf fund centres. And if we do a selection on leaf level it will be a very long task since we have over 10K+ fund centres.

0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

In that case how many positions are affected? Another option could be to adjust the position master data. There is an attribute called Employment Status. PEP includes Positions that have an emplolyment status set the same as the setting the in PBF Globals table (/PBFBI/GLOBALS). If there are not too many positions maybe this could work for you.

Best regards,

Anne Webb

0 Kudos

Hi Anne

I have another question

What are Benefit Accumulators?

How do we use them

Furthermore how does PEP use them.