cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figures in Data View Only but Not in the Planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In a particular data view, I see a dozen key figures that are calculated using macros. Those key figures do not exist in planning area.

Question: Where could they be possibly hidden ? Auxiliary figures ?!

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello BS,

Most likely those are Auxiliary key figures.  The key figures which you do not find in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN for a Planning Area are Auxiliary. Basically any KF which you do not find in Planning Area, but you see that in Dataview(Look by technical name not the description). You should verify Macros to find KFs origin and how it is calculated.

Frankly I am not aware of any other easy way to find out whether a KF is of Time Series ( Or Order Series) Or Auxiliary inside Pbook/Dview. (in my opinion another ambiguous setting in APO)

An auxiliary key figures are used in Data View for temporary calculation and does not store data in Livecache. Refer this note for additional details - 837004 - Values from auxiliary key figures are not extracted

Following are some of the points  -

1. Planning book can have LESS or equal number of Key figures which are exist in Planning Area.

2. Dataview can have LESS or equal number of Key figures which are exist in Planning book.

3. However Auxiliary KF can only exist PBook/Dataview, but not in Planning Area.

Also refer this SCN thread :

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Satish,

That's what I would expect in F1.

It would have been helpful if SAP could have provisioned for some kind of transformation during copy of data from Infocube to live cache TSCUBE (similar to what exists in update rules to infocube from infosources)

Awesome.I need to collaborate with people like you to rewrite the documentation of SAP. Keep writing. This question was mainly posted tor education for other googlers 🙂 who save themselves the torture of reading a few hundred pages for such banal stuff.

Regards

BS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat

Yes, they may be Auxiliary Key Figure - you may check the following link for details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ff/4d573935472237e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Just to be sure, please go to transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B and enter Planning Book details. Please go to Data View tab, select data view and the go to Key Figures Tab and select any of the key figures that appears as do not exist in Planning Area. Double click on it and check short description and Infoobject name. You may find the same key figure already exist in Planning Book/Planning Area with this description and Infoobject. The description that you see on Key Figures tab (after data view) may be different and hence key figures appear different from what is available in Planning Book/Planning Area.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasun. This is real new knowledge for me.

Thanks

BS