Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing link SWDC->Oracle->oracle others->scripts

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to upgrade a sandbox to NW 7.3. In order to prevent long runtimes of the phases PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_UPG and SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2 I wanted to download dba_ind_columns_sap.zip of SAP-Note 558197. But the links are not available anymore.

http://service.sap.com/swcenter-3pmain.

->Oracle

-> oracle other

-> Scripts.

Does anyone know where I can download dba_ind_columns_sap.zip ?

Best regards

Willi Eimler

(I always give rewards!)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is a 2008 version of these scripts, I do not think it has changed since then.

Watch out, this script is only for Oracle versions lower than 10g, it change definition of view DBA_IND_COLUMNS

As you use 11g tag in your question that script might not be appropriate.

Make sure to run oracle dict. stat before upgrade: brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t oradict_stats

558197 - upgrade hangs in PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2,

[...] an Oracle database version less than 10g is in use

Regards

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

thanx a lot!!!

I'm reading Note 1487754 - Add. info.: Upgrade to SAP NW 7.3 ORACLE". It states:

"Importing Scripts

To avoid long runtimes which may occur in the

JOB_RSINDCHK, PARCONV_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2 and XPRAS_UPG upgrade phases

during the upgrade, see Note 558197."

Note 558197 states

"The upgrade hangs in phase PARCONV_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2 , XPRAS_UPG

JOB_RSINDCHK and an Oracle database version less than 10g is in use."

This means Note 558197 is only valid for 9i databeses. But it is not possible to Upgrade to NW 7.3 with a source system with 9i database!

Is there some clue I don't understand???

Best regards

Willi Eimler

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Willy,

These scripts were intended for Oracle version 9 & 8 where there was performance problems on some dictionary views (see note 519407 ).

This is not a problem any more, to the point that pre-pgrade scripts now removes the workaround solution created by scripts from note 558197

So if you are in 11g do not even bother about these scripts...

1431793 - Oracle 11.2.0: Upgrade Scripts

Added 1. April 2011

If in the past the database views SAP_USER_INDEXES, SAP_USER_IND_COLUMNS and corresponding synonyms have been created and still exist in your database, you need to drop them before you upgrade to release 11.2 (check SAP note 519448). This clean up task is included in the current version of upgrade scripts for release 11.2.0.2 (available April 2011).

By the way dictionary stats are computed by the pre-upgrade scripts from note 1431793 - Oracle 11.2.0: Upgrade Scripts so it is not necessary to manually update these stats.

Regards

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx!!!

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Willi,

Im facing a similiar long time running on  PARCONV_UPG, how did you speed up this process?

Thanks!

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I made this thread before I started the upgrade. But the answer of Yves is correct:

By the way dictionary stats are computed by the pre-upgrade scripts from note 1431793 - Oracle 11.2.0: Upgrade Scripts so it is not necessary to manually update these stats.

Your problem is not related to my thread. The phase PARCONV_UPG ran 3 minutes for my upgrade to NW 7.3.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)