Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFROMS - Simple doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some simple doubts, pls. clarify them,

1- Different/multiple page layouts are possible in SmartForms! Can u explain pls.,

2- Smart Forms r possible with out Main Window! explain pls.,(coz, When i hv seen in-built Forms, they r all hv Main Windows!)

3- Is it possible to use a Style (say, ZMY_STYLE) to different SmartForms (say, ZSF1; ZSF2, ZSF3 etc.)?

4- In SmartForms,the printing will take place on the basis of ‘next page’ field. But processing will happen as per the sequence in navigation window! Explain pls.

5-What r the situations for instance sake), to make the programmer to drag and drop the nodes in the Tree? I mean, suppose, I created MYPAGE1, then MYPAGE2, then I drogged the MYPAGE2 to the above of the MYPAGE1, so in this case, Which one is first processed, either MYPAGE2 or MYPAGE1?

6-What is the purpose of calling SF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME in Print Prog. I mean, Why we dont call directly "/1BCDWB/SF00000007”?

7-SAP Scripts hv Labels, Where as SmartForms does not! What r Labels? One example pls.

ThanQ.

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

1) Multiple page layouts in the sense for the same form... 1st page u can have Landscape orientation and second page Portrait orientation and 3rd LS(land scape) ..like this as per ur wish...( which is not possible with scripts )

2) Yes u can have smartforms with out main window.. i.e the printing will take place to the next page( that we have specified in the NEXT PAGE paremeter ) even if we dont have the mainwindow ,,,,, which is not possible in case of SCRIPTS... ( Scripts also we can have with out main window ,, but the printing will not continue to the second page with out main window and continuous data in it)

3) Yes u can .. but u need to define it in SMARTSTYLES ..this is a transaction .. tcode is SMARTSTYLES itself..

( like Styles in SAP scripts , Globally available formats )

4) Yes thats true..

suppose u r printing a variable in each page by incrementing it by 1 per each page !! <i>Check this example with next page is different from the sequence given in the navigation window !!--</i>

the printing will take place on the basis of ‘next page’ field. For each page u will specify the next page ..

<b>suppose for page1 the next page that u have specified is page3 and page2 the next page for page3.. </b>But in the navigation window ( where u can see all the objects of the form, where u declare them )after page1 , page2 is there and after that page3 !! Then check the value of the variable in each page while printing and while processing.

<b>Printing will be </b>

Page1 ( with variable value 1 )

page3 ( with variable value 3 )

page2 ( with variable value 2 )

5) As explained above MYPAGE2 will be processed first..

then MYPAGE1..

6) Nothing like that!! u can call with same name that is generated when u activate the smart form using CALL FUNCTION..

Hope u understood well...

reward if it helps u...

sai ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ Sai.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correction on 6) When you will transport your smartforms the FM generated will get another name (sequential one on PRD system is not the same as in DEV or even QAS)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ all.

Answers (0)