cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS high response time in CRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to share one of the latest problems I am facing at the moment on CRM productive system.

I have been monitoring the HTTPS response time in ST03N every week and there has been increase trend of this average response time at the highest level 2000 ms/per week.

These values seem quite high to me, but how can I know what is the optimal average response time for HTTPS? I haven't found any documents related to this. And how would it be possible to obtain a smaller HTTPS response times? Can you give me any start point to find the cause for this, what needs to be checked?

Kind regards,

Manoliv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you describe your landscape? Are the clients connecting directly to the backend system? If security guidelines in your company allow it, you could terminate SSL in the internal network (or even DMZ) by using Web Dispatcher or a hardware product or even both to take the load of offloading SSL away from the backend system. You could use a test system together for example with Apache jMeter and do load tests with both HTTP and HTTPS to determine the cost of SSL. Also see as a starting point.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for your useful posts. For the moment the average response time has decreased. I will keep an eye on the system anyway and also check the documentation you provided.

Best regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

1558903 - How To Trace a Portal Scenario Using HttpWatch

1697063 - HttpWatch - Performance Analysis

Also use HTTP watch to assist in troubleshooting this, have you used this?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos