cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Qualifier flat table as NULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per the current scenario, the import map and its configuration is working good.

but my current requirement is, I need to update a particular qualified value from a text to NULL. I mean the value needs to be deleted.

For example: the qualifier table name is department. And this is a multil level Qflat table. in other words, each emplyee records may have several companies and each company will have a qualified field called department.

1. Now i need to delete (Make it as NULL) a department which is already holing a value. 2. Also another record may needs to update department field.

Current settings works fine for step 2, where as it is ignoring step 1.

Please advise how to make the configuration settings to make it work for MDIS.

Thanks,

Sridhar T A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I assume that values supposed to update department field flow from source system.

I would recommend trying below configuration if values are sent from source (Either Null or any value to department field).

Open Import Map --> click on Map fields/values tab --> then click on destination field (department) --> right click on field and set NULL Interpretation to "Overwrite".

This would update the existing value of department field with Null , only if source file contains null value.

If source file contains any other value that should be updated (as step 2).

Hope this helps you! Please let us know if any concerns.

Regards,

Mir