SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using reset clearing in collective child

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We're currently enhancing collective customer's payment allocation functionality.

As a part of requirement, we would like to achieve below goals. However standard functionality/configuration is not allowing us to do so.

1. Upon reset clearing (of child invoice with child payment) at child account I would like to keep the RT credit line item at child level.

However instead of that, the RT credit is flowing up to parent and it is replacing parent payment document.

2. In clearing process (FP06 or FPMA) at parent level, I would like to create my own clearing proposal to clear subsequent invoices at child level (tried with event 120, but it is not allowing to override child level clearing proposal).

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Bodhisattwa

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

Please find the response as follows-

(a) If you post the RT credit line item with clearing restriction 8, I think it will not roll-up to the parent. 

Only when the clearing restriction 8 is removed, the line-item is rolled up to the parent.

(b) Rather than enhancing the event, try to put the logic in the custom FM in the clearing step under the clearing variant.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

My  responses below.

(a) We tried with event 0042, but it is may be overriding the subsequent events. So, after processing CR 8 is not getting attached. Also when the RT credit line item structure (fkkop) is created inside the events, Parent BP/account number is already populated. Will you suggest with any other event ?

(b) I'll check whether we can leverage that functionality.

Regards

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

Check the logic of the code that you have plugged in event 0042.

If your coding is done based on the origin key that you get from the document header, then you might need to enhance you code a bit by inserting the reset clearing document type.

The best option would be debug it and finding the root cause.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan