cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Is it possible to lock a project completely i.e. master data locked, account assignment lock, planning lock, dates lock and budget lock in one step for all the WBS and activity present in a structure.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pabak Rout

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pabak,

You can not set the system status as LKD for all the WBS element status. But you can set at the project header level and check same.

ALso, you can create a new user status to achieve this functionality and then use status management with functionality "Set --> set and pass on".

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi it is possible to lock all wbs elements and networks from one screen

follow steps

go to project definition work area

select the overview tab of WBS elements-->all WBS elements are displayed -->click on tab

select all on over view screen-->click on Edit at top of screen-->click on status-->Lock-->All

all WBS elements are locked

for networks click on over view tab on the same screen -->select all networks one by one on the overview screen and the follow the above project ,go to Edit-->Status-->Lock-->All

note that once all is done then lock the project definition if required

note if you only want to avoid actual postings on WBS element then directly change the status to AALK rest all funcitonallity can be normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you lock every thing, what are you going to do with that project. its there but can not be used anymore.

What is your idea behind to apply all the available locks in the system. if you want to prohibit certain actions consider going with User Status.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pabak,

sorry for last post. i am wrong that time

I agree with Maria reply.. Also want to add something in it.

you can select all Wbs-element and mark lock status simultaneously.

(from functional point of view)

But for all network related ..you need create user status

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pabak,

I dont think it is possible. You need to lock WBS element and Network Separately.

Select the Top Level WBS Element, it will lock all the Childs.

If you Lock the Network Header, it will lock the Activities.

Thanks

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Select the WBS and do as shown above but u can do level wise and u can lock all as you required,

at one stretch you cannot do for whole project in single time or by selecting the higher level wbs it cannot move till lower level WBS

If you want to lock all the levels by selecting higher level it will be possible by user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply... but I want to lock all the WBS and Network activity simultaneously in one go... is it possible in standard?

Regards,

Pabak Rout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pabak,

Refer the below links,

Mangesh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply... but I want to lock all the WBS and Network activity simultaneously in one go... is it possible in standard?

Regards,

Pabak Rout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute tcode CJ20N -> select the Project definition -> goto Edit option in menu bar -> Status -> Lock -> All.

And save.

Regards

Shishir

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pabak,

you can lock the network header and activities in single step. select the network header and click on Edit-status-lock-all. for wbs elements you need to activate manually. you can think of enhancing code in user exit to change status of WBS elements.

Regards,