Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I solve this issue ?

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PI Experts,

I have an issue to solve. Please help me with this.

There is an interface which converts an incoming xml file to an outbound IDoc. Sometimes, the interface sends an IDoc successfully to the receiver and there the IDoc goes into error state 60. I checked its content and everything. There was nothing wrong. How do I solve this ?

This issue doesn't happen all the time and I compared the successfuls with this unsuccessful one. There was no change in syntax.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

IDoc status 60 means that there is a syntax error in the IDoc, which means the the contents of the IDoc is not aligned with the IDoc definition. However, if you are 100% sure your IDoc is correct, you can unmark the "Cancel Processing After Syntax Error" checkbox in the inbound partner profile in your ECC system. This should result in such IDocs being still processed, despite syntax error being recognized.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can this be an ABAP issue ?

-Ajeya

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your Target Payload.... 

Thanks,

Sreenivas

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked. Didn't find any anomaly. In fact I found one successful message which had more than 2 times the error payload.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the success and error messages payload here if poosible

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. I can't do that. It might contain company sensitive info.

-Ajeya

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As sugges by Abhinav.. Can you please compare failed and success idoc payload and if u find any diffences please let us know.....

Thanks,

Sreenivas

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I compared them. Not really any difference. All the fields match. Only that, in the failed document more than one parent nodes were present whereas in the other one only one parent node exists.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Only that, in the failed document more than one parent nodes were present whereas in the other one only one parent node exists.

Have you check the cardinality of these fields in the imported IDOC?

Regards.

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. what is cardinality ?

is it similar to database concept ?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, more than one parent node can already be a reason for ECC to reject such IDoc. Most probably you will have to split such XML inbound messages into several IDocs, during mapping in PI. Otherwise, even if IDocs are accepted (with the config change I mentioned previously), some data might get lost during IDoc processing.

Regards,

Greg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Yes, it's similar, and the imported IDOC metadata will have it:

Check the occurrence column.

Regards.

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Here the cardinality is 1:N. So, more than 1 parent node is not a problem right ?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

You are right, the cardinality is 0 to n for DocumentParent. As Gregor said a element in the IDOC is raising the syntax problem, maybe a integer, date element, another tag occurrence.  Try to monitor the failed IDOCs in PI monitoring or in IDOC monitoring  ( Check Monitor IDocs and IDoc Statuses point in http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ALE+and+IDocs). With the monitoring try to find a clearer text error relationated.

Regards.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Can you please check the date format of the fields...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Can you please check the data size and message content.Might be data issue.

You can compare the successfulIdoc with Failed Idoc.

If you can share the screen it would be great.

Regards,

Abhi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya, are you using the adapter IDOC_AAE?, if the answer is affirmative check this 1688780 - IDoc AAE Adapter fails to insert empty strings in database

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the error message that you see for failed IDoc ??

Regards

Venkat