Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deletion of APO Inbound and Outbound queues

Hi All,

We want to delete the APO Inbound queue and Outbound queues on weekly basis in Background , so that the job can be scheduled.

I know that there are 2 programs for this purpose :

RSTRFCIDS-delete inbound queues

RSTRFCQDS-delete outbound queues

But the issue with these programs, they are not taking GENERIC QUEUES ( Like we can't give * or C* in Queue name ). We hae many queues and its not possible to give all the queue names and scheule thousands of background jobs . ( One job for each queue name ) . So , is there any other solution where the program do accept generic queue names ?

Thanks a lot for your support !!!

Regards,

Venkata Emani

Former Member
replied

Hello Emani,

I mean , what was the material under this Queue ..? I have clicked on the queue name and then again on the user , but i didnt find any details.

If you need to know what is the material for which you're getting this error, you need to display the contents of the queue. Simply double click on the CIF queue to the lowest possible level of LUW and double click again on the queue name and you will be able to see the content of the queue.

We are using only Demand Planning in APO. So could CIF Reports like Reconcilition / CIF Post Processing help me to anayze the differences in APO and R/3 system ?

This completely depends on the type of the error you're actually seeing in the system. As a generic and regular practice scheduling these jobs will highly reduce the inconsistencies. There could still be some errors which cannot be fixed by running these reports. Those errors could be due to incorrect maintenance of master data in the system and system should have been setup properly as per the business need.

Last Doubt, Suppose a Queue Fails .... What happens to the queus after teh failed queue ? Will all other also fail ??

This totally depends on the CIF Configuration that you would have made initially during the CIF setup. If all the queues fall into one logical unit of work and if there is an error, I guess the dependent queues would not proceed further unless the errored out queue is fixed or saved.

But, please note that one should never delete the queues in SMQ1 and SMQ2. More the no. of queues that you delete, more the no. of inconsistencies between ECC and APO. Save the queues by getting to the lowest possible LUW level and identify the root cause.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question