Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date prompt error on mobile reports BI41 SP2

bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 4.0 SP6 to 4.1 SP2 Patch1. My OS is Windows. After upgrade mobile reports (created with webi) which have date prompts gives the error attached below. This reports were running fine on 4.0 SP6.

This reports are running fine with other dimension prompts. And the funny part, if you choose date prompt property "prompt with list of values" the report is running fine too.

To reproduce this error on your own just create a webi report with a date prompt. deselect "prompt with list of values" and try to open on mobile (Android). After this change the date prompt to "prompt with list of values" and try again.

Mobile version 5.0.2

Android version 4.1.2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in BI 4.1 SP2 Patch 3. Please upgrade your BIP environment to resolve this issue.

For more information please this KBA: https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1982555

Regards,

Ashton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

Now new issue starts with Bi 4.1 SP2 Patch 3.

Once we apply Inputcantrols/Fliters report format and clolour is completely changed.

Below is the screenshot for the same.

bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

My incident number is 113108 / 2014

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bulent and JRK. I will follow up with the engineers assigned so they understand that this is a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

ADAPT01719199  has been updated in the Incident for the issue. But we haven't received any information about the Fix. Which patch will solve the issue?

Regards,

JRK PRasad

bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JRK,

As a workaround check the option "prompt with list of values" for the date filter. And for performance issues put a static value as a LOV to the date filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Have you found any solution for this issue?

Currently i am heaving the same issue with the webi reports.

which are currently upgraded from BI 4.0 SP6 Patch 4 to BI4.1 SP2 Patch 1?

Share your thoughts.

Regards,

JRK PRASAD

bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JRK,

The only solution is check the "prompt with list fo values" option on your prompt. YOu can also use a small derived table for list of values.

I didn't try with IOS but opened a ticket with this case. still under investigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

We have identified this issue as a bug. Could you let me know your incident number? I will make sure you get updated on the status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

below is the incident number which i have raised for the same issue.

Processing the client request MOB00082 ( 119511 / 2014 ).

thank you for following up the issue and updating in Scn.

Regards,

JRK prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bulent,

Does the error occur before you select your prompt value or after the prompt value has been selected? Is the date prompt a single date or date range?

If the error occurs after entering a prompt value then verify that the format you entered the date with exactly matches the format of dates in the LOV.

There is a new version of the Android SAP BI app tentatively scheduled for release tomorrow, Feb 7th. Please try this issue with the updated app once released.

Regards,

Ashton

bulent_ozgul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

The error occurs before you select the prompt. Actually the report gives the error on start up. The date prompt is a date range but doesn't matter. Even if you select equal or inlist same error occurs.

I'll try it with the new release but in my opinion it's not a client issue. Because this reports were working fine on 4.0 Sp6.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try this:

1. Login to BI Launchpad

2. Click on Preferences

3. Click on Web Intelligence

4. Set View and Modify to Web

5. Try refreshing the report in BI Launchpad

Is any error observed?

If not, I would still recommend testing with the latest app. If you have an iOS device then you can test with the current app on there as well, which is 5.1.8. If it does not work with the iOS app then I would agree that it's environmental and would recommend you open an incident with Support for investigation.