cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am migrating (NO UPGRADE) solution manager from 7.0 to 7.1. using SOLAR_MIGRATION - import export project.

I have a question here...IS is mendatory that all documents within the project should have 'RELEASE STATUS', then only it will get migrate???

Thanks,

Prarthan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

My requirements is to migrate multiple projects at once and do you think using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN we can migrate multiple projects at one time???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prarthan,

You can export individual project -> individual transport request and you can release. You cannot put all the projects into one transport request.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

It would be great if you can suggest the proven methodology to migrate all projects from 7.0 to 7.1??

Thanks,

Prarthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prartha,

Go to Service Market place -> SAP Solution Manager -> Overview -> Media library -> Technical Information -> Check for the link " How to transfer content from one solman to other"  and you will get the same procedure.

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000091187&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

I have reviewed the SAP documents, but they have not specified in the doc that we can not transport all project into one single TR.

If you can look in the SAP docuemnt in segment PROJECT - 2.1, 1st line it self they have mentioned that All projects can be transported in a transport request, which is created using transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

Can you tell me what do you mean that...is it really we can not inclule all projets into one TR???

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prarthan,

Yes .. You can re-use the same TR.. But you cannot select all projects at a time in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN  and export it into a single TR in the same time.. It won't allow you to select multiple projects in the transaction.

May be you need to do this mutliple times for exporting the multi projects into the same TR.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

In your earlier reply you said "you can not put all your projects into one TR..."

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prarthan,

What i meant was we cannot put all the projects in a single TR at once.. we need to do multiple times as it wont allow you to support in the transaction.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prarthan,

You can check the below query

I used transport option in SOLAR_Project _ADMIN and it was ok when i imported in target 7.1 only thing while you import you need to ignore version checks in teh transport import options.

THanks,

Jagadish.