Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping query

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the NWDS 7.3 for the java mapping development and imported the JAR file com.sap.xpi.ib.mapping.lib.jar in the external jars

But when I am adding the interface StreamTransformation, it is not selecting the interface and I am not able to find it from the add interface option.

I used JRE 1.6 and project specific JRE also but no luck with both the types.

Please let me know your comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the normal procedure, I am on PI 7.3 and using NWDS 7.3 for java mapping.

I have added the external jar file to my project  com.sap.xpi.ib.mapping.lib.jar but there is issue and I could not find the interface as stated above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where exactly u are searching for "StreamTransformation" interface and why u want to do it?

I mean ur JM template would be as below, so u have to code ur logic inside Transform method and don't need to worry about "StreamTransformation", below signature will take care of everything.

public class ClassName extends AbstractTransformation {

private Map param;

public void setParameter (Map param)  

{ 

this.param = param;

} 

public void transform(TransformationInput transformationInput, TransformationOutput transformationOutput)

throws StreamTransformationException

{

//write ur code here

}

}

>>I am not able to find it from the add interface option.

Can u describe what excatly u are doing?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Make sure you imported below jar file .

com.sap.aii.mapping.api

Below is SAP PI documentation for StreamTransformation

StreamTransformation

Regards

Venkat

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I think from PI 7.3 you need the "com.sap.xpi.ib.mapping.lib.jar" file for mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here is the link for 7.31.

StreamTransformation

From 7.1 onwards StreamTransformation interface  was replaced by AbstractTransformation. Nevertheless this interface is still supported. So it is not necessary to change existing mappings that use this deprecated interface.

Why do you want to use this interface for 7.31?

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

"com.sap.xpi.ib.mapping.lib.jar" is the only jar file (which will import all the classes) needed for JM, and as already explained in the blog u have to use import statement in ur code so that all the functionalities available in that jar file get applicable to ur program.

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rahul,

if you would have added the jars you simply implement the interface manually. After that if it shows error then there is some problem with while including the jars.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>But when I am adding the interface StreamTransformation, it is not selecting the interface and I am not able to find it from the add interface option.

I am not sure what do u mean by this?

But, did u check this?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava