cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addition of freight charges in grn by creating two po's one for material and one for freight(gta with service abatment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP GURU'S

please help me regarding one of the requirment of my client,

the process is as follows,

creation of two po's one for material and one for transporter (in transporter po as it is related to gta we have done with service abatment as suggested in ossnote:1736781) my requirement is that how to add this freight cost while doing grn with respect to material po).

please suggest me if there is any other possible way to get the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

pavan kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to create 2 PO?

You may enter the freight amount in the freight condition in same PO and specify the vendor there. Abatement for GTA can be done through withholding tax and when you post invoice for GTA vendor, service tax abatement will post automatically.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudeep

thanks for your quick renspose,

the clients is making service contracts with different transportation vendors, if i create a single po with material and freight how to link the service contract.

please explain me  in detail how to post the gta with with holding tax for gta vendor automatically.

regards,

pavan kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

thanks for your quick responses,

my requirement is how to link the service contract if i create single po with both material and freight.

and as suggested by sudeep the gta can be posted automatically for gta vendor while doing miro,but how to get debit and credit entries for with holding tax.

Example:

the freight vendor invoice with amount,

1000(service tax should be paid by consignee)

on 1000 rupees, base for with holding tax should be 250(means 25% of total amount) on this service tax should be calculate

my requirement in miro is,

vendor:                                                                           Cr 1000

Service tax GTA basic payable 12% on base of 25%(250/-) Cr 30

ecess  GTA 2%    payable                                               Cr 0.60

scess GTA 1%    payable                                                Cr  0.30

Service tax GTA basic receivable 12% on base of 25%(250/-) Dr 30

ecess  GTA 2%    receivable                                               Dr 0.60

scess GTA 1%    receivable                                                  Dr  0.30

expenses acount                                                                  Dr 1000

please suggest me what are the configuration i need to do to acieve the above accounting entries.

Thanks & Regards,

pavan kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot add freight cost at the time GRN but you can at the time of LIV.

The best option would create a PO with main vendor and add the freight vendor code in freight condition type in each line item.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you need to enter the freight amount at the time of GR?

You can well enter the freight amount in PO-condition tab..

Also regard with freight vendor...

You can also create a condition type for freight as per your requirement....