SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS to POSDM data transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Since I am new to retail, few questions

1. How do I know if data from POS system are transferred through IDOC or BAPI ? Which one is recommended method by SAP ?

2. Generally how data are transferred from POSDM to ECC and BW ? is it scheduled in batch job during night or data is keep posted during business day. I know that POS system sends data to POSDM quite frequently.

Thanks

Kishore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. How do I know if data from POS system are transferred through IDOC or BAPI ? Which one is recommended method by SAP ?

Ask you POSDM consultant what method they have used to send data from POS to POSDM (Usually it is POS to PI to POSDM).

SAP has given choice of sending it through BAPI, IDocs and though ES.

I will suggest you to use BAPI or ES if your POS is third party.

2. Generally how data are transferred from POSDM to ECC and BW ? is it scheduled in batch job during night or data is keep posted during business day. I know that POS system sends data to POSDM quite frequently.

Transfer of data is happened on the scheduling of tasks i.e. either collective or immediate.

If you are processing transaction is as soon as it is coming and task for BW is immediate it will send data to Delta Queue and then further BW will take care of it.

For ECC it depends on one step or two step. In case of two step aggregated data is sent to ECC for multiple transaction at Business Day/site/material/UOM level whereas one step sends data at transaction level.For ECC data will be sent through IDocs.

It can be schedule in batch depending on how frequently you want to update your follow on systems.

It is recommended to use two step to avoid huge volume of document posting in ECC.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Key Answers as below,

1. We have three different apporch to inbound to PIPE,

1.1 Inbound to BAPI

BAPI Data Format

Sales Movement BAPI Syntax

Total BAPI Syntax

Other BAPI Syntax

1.2 Inbound via XML

XML Data Format

1.3 Inbound via IDocs

Example IDoc WPUBON01.

The most preferable method USING PI  (previously XI)

POS--> PI---> POSDM . PI to POSDM is through the RFC /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT.

2. The POSDM ----> ECC

ONLY AGGREGATED DATA.

Preferable method is IDoc,

Following are the different types of IDoc used in the outbound,

Send sales data via IDoc WPUBON to SAP Retail

Send sales data via IDoc WPUUMS to SAP Retail

Send sales data via IDoc WPUTAB to SAP Retail

Send financial transaction data via IDoc WPUFIB to SAP Retail

Send goods movement data via IDoc WPUWBW to SAP Retail.

POSDM --->BI

ONLY NON AGGREGATED DATA.

Is through normal BI --> my BI extraction mode, please refer the below link for mare details,

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/d5/dbfc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm?framese...

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask you POSDM consultant what method they have used to send data from POS to POSDM (Usually it is POS to PI to POSDM).

SAP has given choice of sending it through BAPI, IDocs and though ES.

I will suggest you to use BAPI or ES if your POS is third party.

Transfer of data is happened on the scheduling of tasks i.e. either collective or immediate.

If you are processing transaction is as soon as it is coming and task for BW is immediate it will send data to Delta Queue and then further BW will take care of it.

For ECC it depends on one step or two step. In case of two step aggregated data is sent to ECC for multiple transaction at Business Day/site/material/UOM level whereas one step sends data at transaction level.For ECC data will be sent through IDocs.

It can be schedule in batch depending on how frequently you want to update your follow on systems.

It is recommended to use two step to avoid huge volume of document posting in ECC.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Dear Vikrant

1. SAP has given choice of sending it through BAPI, IDocs and though ES.

WHAT IS ES ?

How Can i check in the system which method is used ? or only my POSDM consultant can answer...

2. As per your explanation the Inventory(Goods movement POSDM to BW) and Inventory (Goods movement POSDM to ECC) may not be in sync on a particular time as their time of update is different....May I know which inventory figure I should use for Merchandise and Assortment planning, what is the general practice ?

Thanks

Kishor

0 Kudos

WHAT IS ES ?

It is Enterprise service. Contact you PI/XI consultant for more detail.

Check how data is flowing into POS DM from your POS/XI system to understand what method is used. It can't be determine from IMG as far as I know.

As per your explanation the Inventory(Goods movement POSDM to BW) and Inventory (Goods movement POSDM to ECC) may not be in sync on a particular time as their time of update is different....May I know which inventory figure I should use for Merchandise and Assortment planning, what is the general practice ?

Well I'm not aware of what data MAP requires. If you need stock updates better to go with ECC.

Thanks,

Vikrant