cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script For monitoring Gateway server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am trying to write a script to monitor gateway server.

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList

03.02.2014 11:48:41

GetProcessList

OK

name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid

msg_server, MessageServer, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 27 11:19:33, 6768:29:08, 4595

disp+work, Dispatcher, GREEN, Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, 2013 04 27 11:19:33, 6768:29:08, 4596

igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GREEN, Running, 2013 04 27 11:19:33, 6768:29:08, 4597

From the above command we will be able to get the message server status. Likewise, suggest me how to find gateway server other than gwmon.

Regards,

Jag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Closest thing I can see.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bb/9f142a4b9b11d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

To start the gateway monitor, call the corresponding executable file, specifying a profile file:

Under UNIX:       gwmon pf=<profile>

Under Windows:      gwmon.exe pf=<profile>

All of the lists are updated after 5 seconds. You can refresh them sooner by pressing Enter.

It is standard to use 50 lines per screen. The number of lines can be changed (for example, under UNIX you can set the shell variable LINES).

Switch command mode

If you use the option -cmdfile <file>, all the functions to be executed are read from the file (see below). If the file name is '-', all the commands from the standard input are read. As a result the monitor can be operated from a program or script to start specific actions or to supply information.

echo GET_CONNTBL | gwmon -cmdfile - -gwhost <gwhost> -gwserv <service> gets the list of active CPIC connections.

The command field interface provides the same functions as the functions from the menu. You can also execute the same function repeatedly.

You can display all the available functions using HELP. If you do not enter anything and choose <RETURN>, the last command is repeated. HELP [command]displays the online help for the command.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

what exactly do you want to monitor in the gateway?

availability??

clients??

internal tables?

connections???

please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clebio,

I want to know the status of availability and connections.

Regards,

jag.

0 Kudos

hi Jag,

in order to check the connections, only gwmon is able to provide it from OS level.

Regards

Clebio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Can you let me know why not use gwmon?

You could use gwrd with PS combination.

Regards,

Munassar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munassar,

Please have a look at the gwmon output below.

Gateway monitor, connected to csa-sis-dev / sapgw00

Connection table (Used: 3, Connected: 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO  CLIENT(LU/TP)     USER       STATE      SDEST    CONVID   PROT WP LAST REQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

000 csa-sis-/sapgw00  PRMOHAN7   CONNECTED  csa-sis- 94481448 INT  -- Wed Jan 29 15:24:44 2014

009 csa-sis-/sapgw00  PRMOHAN7   CONNECTED  csa-sis- 98258820 INT  -- Tue Feb  4 11:17:58 2014

003 csa-sis-/jstart   daaadm     CONNECTED  <Java Rf 77385044 INT  -- Wed Feb  5 10:50:26 2014

q - quit

m - menue

-->

Since, it is coming as a table with menu driven program options of Q and M, it is difficult to write a script for it as it wont come out of the table loop automatically.

Regards,

Jag