Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing of two files in parallel

former_member193466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement that we would need to access the files recieved from other party and at the same time would need to access a file which is already exists in SAP PI NFS directory.

So the times we recieved the file from other party, we would need to do some calculations based on the file available in NFS directory. can some one please suggest how this can be acieved. I think this can be done with BPM. Please provide me a link or steps that I would need to follow for this

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any similarity in names of both the files (coming from third party and present on ur file system)?

If yes, then first u can dump  third party file to NFS directory (ur second file location), and then using additional files option u can pick both the files (one as main file and the other one as attachment).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V R,

I don't think accessing a file and executing file operations through a mapping/udf would be a good design.

i would rather go with the option suggested by Amit(FTP-NFS pass through interface) or go for the BPM.

But can you share more details on the business requirement if possible?

what needs to be done after you read the file from NFS? who'll place the file on NFS?

However incase you are looking for some sample BPM, may be have a look at the below blog.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/BPM/Fork1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you know the file name you want to look in AL11, then you can think of writing an java mapping which will do the below

1. read the main file from 3rd party.

2. read the AL11 file using java.

You can get hint on the below blog how can we read or write file in java

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

This can be done with or without BPM.

Without BPM:

1. File is received

2. In message mapping, use a UDF that will open the file in AL11.

3. Do caculations

With BPM:

1. File is received

2. Second file from AL11 is polled

3. Correlation?

Hope this helps,

Mark