cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS screening algorithm to screen BPs with mutli-byte characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where customer master will be created in multi-byte charatcter such as in Chinese and Japanese etc. Can anyone tell me if the GTS screening algorithm is able to screen multi-byte characters or not. If yes, what are the settings need to be done. Is it done in ECC or GTS?

The government lists of the restricted parties in only published in simple Latin. If there is no conversion happening then the GTS screening engine will not perform proper match.

Regards,

Naveen Rajora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PinarOezalp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

if the data provider you are working with provides you the XML File - the SPL lists with the chinese and japanese characters and your master data is also in these characters, then the screening will work. As Dhilipan I have not done this in my projects, but I know that SPL cannot do a screening if the partner is maintained with russian characters and the SPL entries are in latin characters..

best,

Pinar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Frankly speaking I've not done this before for any project. But screening works for chinese and japanese.

You will have make sure your comparison procedure is assigned with respective language key in which you need the comparison to happen.

SAP Compliance Management->Sanctioned Party list screening->Define Control procedure for address comparison.

Here you can give the language for comparison.

But I am not sure how will you compare chinese partner with Latin SPL data. You need to have the SPL data also in Chinese or the partner in Latin.

Regards

Dhilipan