cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Analytic Views not visible in BO - Data Foundation

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an Analytic View under my own package. When tried to access this A.V in Data Foundation in BO, Iam not able to view this A.V under my package. Have gone through SDN where it shows, in order to access the A.V in Data Foundation the Views should be under _sys_bic schema.

I don't find my Views under _sys_bic schema. So do I need any special authorization rights? Or how do I make the views available under _sys_bic schema? Is it mandatory that views to be accessed in Data Foundation should be under _sys_bic schema? Any Help?

Regards

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

For any View(Attribute, Analytic or Calculation) that is created in HANA, a Column View is created inside _SYS_BIC schema.

All reporting tools access these Column Views for reporting.

Check if you have access to _SYS_BIC schema, if you have access to the schema then go to Catalog_> Column Views and check for a Column View that has name similar to your created HANA View

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

As Robert said, After changing the property AV's worked. Robert / Akhil , your anwers where helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with views created in a HANA Live system.  The data preview within HANA studio returns data, but the view is not visible from Analysis for OLAP, Analysis for Excel, Design Studio, or IDT.  Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Frye

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Expand the nodes you should be able to see them they are categorized as per the ascending order.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've expanded all available locations.  It's not that I can't find them, I assure you.  The problem is that the content package where they're located is simply not visible in any derivation of the BOBJ platform.  The view appears in the _SYS_BIC location in HANA Studio, but it is not visible in the same location through the various BOBJ tools in the same location, including Design Studio, Analysis for Excel/OLAP, and Information Design Tool.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Still the issue is not solved. Iam not able to view the A.V in Data Foundation.

Thanks

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution that worked for me was laughably simple, which makes it more frustrating that it took so long to find the answer.  In my calculation view, I did not set the 'Data Category' to cube.  See the screenshot below:

Is your data category set to Cube?  If not, set it to Cube and activate the view.  It should now be visible in IDT and other BOBJ tools.  Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Rob

akhil_agarwal
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I am not sure whether your query is relevant still. But the solution, as Robert pointed out, is this.

For any Calculation or Analytic View to appear in a Front End Analytic Tool, such as even SAP Lumira, the View in SAP HANA should be categorized as "CUBE" in the property "Data Category".

I faced similar situtation too once.

Best regards,

Akhil

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for ur reply. As you said iam able to find the AV in _sys_bic schema. Iam able to view the tables under my own schema in DF layer. Under _sys_bic schema in DF layer im not able view the A.V that iam able to see in Hana Modeler.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Lets say you created your Analytic View inside package "Package1" and your Analytic View name is "AT1"

Then a cloumn view with name "Package1.AT1" will be created in _SYS_BIC schema

As already told above, go to _SYS_BIC Schema, Catalog-> Column Views

R-Click on your Column View and select Find and either enter your Analytic View Name and then check the Column View that you get

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I understand that I can see the A.V under _sys_bic schema. My stress is on when creating business Objects universe, in data foundation layer iam not able to view the A.V in  _sys_bic schema. In DF layer I don't have right click to find the view either.Please see the attached.

The below pic shows the views on Data foundation layer. the Name I have used in Hana Model is 'ZAV_StoreSales' which cannot be found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same issue...