cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pco and opc connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

PCO  and OPC Servers are on different machines. After creating source system and agent instance  I was able to browse the tags on subscription tab.

But getting error as " browsing failed pls check the connectivity".

.net 3.5 framework and opc core components has been installed on pco machine.

Dcom setting have been done on both machines ( opc and pco )

I am able to ping the opc machine from pco machine.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Configuration:

Opc Server : Honeywell Experien R400

Pco            : PCO  2.3 spo3 , window 7

Erro log :

failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy

Manufacturing Fault: REASON = Invalid server information. Parameter name: input   [Invalid server information. Parameter name: input]; SEVERITY = Fatal

While creating source system entered IP address and shown list of opc server available.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

When you browse for tags in Management Console you are using the DCOM permissions defined for the user account you logged into the PCo Server with.  The Agent Instance by default runs under the LocalSystem account, and many customers will not enable DCOM for LocalSystem.

If you are getting this error after Starting the Agent Instance, you will need to set up the instance to run under a named user account that has the desired DCOM permissions enabled.

If this condition persists after executing the agent instance with a named user, please log a support ticket so that our support team can investigate; provide a Verbose agent instance log and the description of the PCo and OPC Server DCOM settings for the named user as well.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I tried to connect opc server using matrikon explorer with the same account.

Even with Matrikon we got an error while connecting but still allowing to create connection and add tags. After adding tags, no value has shown up and giving quality as bad non specific for all tags.

So we updated the same to Honeywell (OPC server) team and they are working on it.

Once it is done I will get back to you.

And I asked them regarding Dcom settings as you said.

FYI,

OPC server sits on workgroup and PCO on Domain so we have maintained same user account name for both machines. Fot this account we have given adminstrator rights on pco machine.

Once it is done I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I apologizes  for the delay.

After changing dcom setting I am able to connect with opc server and able to read the tag values in MII.

But while fetching tags with bad qaulity values giving the error as " failed due to bad value".

I tried  the Acquisition Mode as bad and error but still I am not able to read the tag values quality

as bad.

I have added the tags as alias in PCO.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Raj.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This sounds like an issue between the Honeywell historian and the Honeywell OPC Server as the server is what is returning the BAD quality.

1.  Which OPC Agent are you using on PCo, OPC DA or OPC HDA?

2.  Can you confirm via another OPC Client that you can read or not read tags from the OPC server?

Regards,  Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am using OPC DA agent.

I tried with Matrikon explorer but even with that also not displaying bad values.

So then is issue is between dcs and opc ? Please confirm.

Regards,

Raj.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Confirmed, If multiple OPC Clients are returning BAD quality  for tags then the issue has to be between the OPC Server and its source.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Raj.

Answers (0)