Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS Issues

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business Scenarios

1. My company is selling goods to customer. Whatever they are selling, that products will have validity date. If the material is damaged within the validity date then company will repair that goods and will be provided to customer with invoice 0 amounts.

2. If the damaged goods are under warranty if company is unable to fix / rectify the problem then company will provide a new material with invoice zero amounts.

3. If the damaged goods are out of validity then company will estimate that goods cost and will take that goods and will provide new material with remain amount.

4. Some time customer came with damaged good and technical guy will check and will immediately provide to customer because it is not having any problem and the problem is at the end of customer level.

Your comments are valid to me on this.

Thanks,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. My company is selling goods to customer. Whatever they are selling, that products will have validity date. If the material is damaged within the validity date then company will repair that goods and will be provided to customer with invoice 0 amounts.

You have to create the Product with Serial Number to enable the warranty ( validity). You can create the sales order directly or with reference to Service notification at which you check the validity. To repair the good and to cost capture we have to create a service order with reference to sales order and while posting the cost, if the part is under warranty you can create 0 invoice to customer and settle the cost to any cost center

2. If the damaged goods are under warranty if company is unable to fix / rectify the problem then company will provide a new material with invoice zero amounts

during the technical check, if technician found it is not repairable , then you have to scrap the material using 551 movement type and create a new material from the sales order with new material and continue with Sales process and free of charge delivery

3. If the damaged goods are out of validity then company will estimate that goods cost and will take that goods and will provide new material with remain amount.

If goods are out of warranty, here you dont" do repair and  instead take the part  ? Can you please give a bit more info

Some time customer came with damaged good and technical guy will check and will immediately provide to customer because it is not having any problem and the problem is at the end of customer level.

Here it is a business decision to include the technician inspection cost or not, if you want to bill the customer with the Inspection  cost  then billing with inspection cost

If not 0 billing document

it is purely a business decision

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments on this query.

Let you two people know few things from my side.

1. Actually, we are not using Serial Profiles to maintain serial numbers for products. As you said, if I have serial numbers for products then I would create serial profile in OIS2 and keep always equipment 2 option to get warranty during creation of service notification. I would like to know, is there any way to check warranty of goods based on Invoice Date. I have see warranty check field in ODP1 t.code. May I know how and when it will work?

2.  I will get goods from customer thru Service notification->Repair Order-VRRE-PGR. Once,we got goods from customer thru PGR then the service people will able to see what is the problem in the goods and will perform repair status manually and will do OBD and will create Invoice.

3.In repair order level, we can see "action “Replacement” as well as “Scrap” but donno, how to perform this in sap. Could you please let me know about this?

4.If the material is under warranty then how to perform invoice with service tax only?

May I know ,best process in sap on above.

Mamta,

point 4 is inhouse repairs scenario.

for this one has to create a service notification -> return order -return delivery - -receipt in QA inspection stock - if QA feels rectification is possible then create service order - carry out repair- confirm service order - perform outbound delivery.

May I know,how to get QA stock into Service Order level and to perform outbound delivery ?

Santosh,

If goods are out of warranty, here you dont" do repair and  instead take the part  ? Can you please give a bit more info

Let me give you small example,

Business Scenario-Exchange Process

I have purchased camera with 1000 rs. It got damaged after completion of  warranty date.Now,I will give it back to service people and they will estimate that damaged good cost and will provide new material and they will charge original good cost after considering that damaged good cost.

Damaged material-cost would be 100 rs ( Service people will estimate that damaged good cost )

then I will pay 900 rs and will take new material .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I have see warranty check field in ODP1 t.code. May I know how and when it will work?

Warranty Check at ODP1 also works if you have serial number/Equipment number defined

This field will just recheck the warranty while creating the Quotation or Billing request in either cases ODP1 Configuration is used

I dont this there is a possibility without Serial Number/Equipment to check Warranty details

2.  I will get goods from customer thru Service notification->Repair Order-VRRE-PGR.

Yes, it is correct, but after Your service people find technical details of Issue, are you going to create service order?

3.In repair order level, we can see "action “Replacement” as well as “Scrap” but donno, how to perform this in sap. Could you please let me know about this?

During Technical inspection, if your service technician finds the material cannot be repaired, then you can directly scrap the material with respective serial number in MB11 using 551 movement, which will update the status in Repair order as 'SCRAPPED"

If the material is under warranty then how to perform invoice with service tax only?

May I know ,best process in sap on above.

If you find Material under warranty, are you charging for Service performed?

Here warranty can be interpreted in two ways, Component warranty and Service warranty. I hope you are referring only for Component and not for service, if so directly a line item can be created when you use DP90 with the service cost and you can manually add service tax on the service cost at repair order level

May I know,how to get QA stock into Service Order level and to perform outbound delivery ?

Use QA12 to move stock from Quality to service order or Unrestricted

Damaged material-cost would be 100 rs ( Service people will estimate that damaged good cost )

then I will pay 900 rs and will take new material .

What will happen to the Damaged part, will you repair and keep it for further use ?

To get the new part, Service order is not responsible, just the cost will be given as discount, but it cannot be referred to any new line item. You have to create a new order just referring to the service order either in the Text of PO Number field

In the Pricing for such materials, add the repair condition as discount and get the value deducted from the Original price

You can add this price as Manual condition as you are not sure what will be the repair cost estimated by service technician

hope it is clear

thanks

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Before answering your queries ,let you know few things what I faced during discussion with users on this.

In Non sap,they are using two steps only.One step is using to get the material from customer into their stock with defect details and once they got that goods into their location then they will check and will take a decision that what to do on that.Second is they will issue that same goods after repairing or new m.codes with amount /without amount or replacement like etc.They are having every details on one screen not like sap.

Finally,they suggested to me that ,don't give more steps to perform CS process in SAP.Give less steps with less inputs to complete process within 1 minute.

Why I am saying above all to you is,I have said only one thing to them as "We need to create one service notification with 1 quantity only not more that 1 quantity".

1.Yes, it is correct, but after Your service people find technical details of Issue, are you going to create service order?

Let me know,if I create Service Order from IW52 then I will confirm operations in IW41 thereafter What I to do?

Do I need to perform DP90 against that service order?

2.During Technical inspection, if your service technician finds the material cannot be repaired, then you can directly scrap the material with respective serial number in MB11 using 551 movement, which will update the status in Repair order as 'SCRAPPED"

I did scrap in repair order itself only.I think,,we don't need to go to MB11 to scrap the material.

3.What will happen to the Damaged part, will you repair and keep it for further use ?

Yes,my company will repair and will resell them.

Whatever you said is quite correct.I have created one new order type ZREP. I will create another sales order to issue the new material to customer with PR00 based on that already created repair order. Repair order will have price with negative amount that service people estimated cost.

Reapir order-ZDIS -   -100 rs

New Sales Order PR00 -  1000 rs

The new material cost is 900 rs after considering that damaged good cost.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

If you are taking the part in to the Plant, then you have to use Repair Order from the notification and all your inbound and outbounds will be controlled using Repair order. To bill the customer , after confirming the Services in IW41 you have to use DP90

From your comments I can only see Question on how to create DP90, let me know if you further have any questions

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , these are pure CS standard scenarios.My pointwise reply below:

First point  menioned by you is the background of the scenario.

point  2& 3 is the cs scenario of free of charge service (free replacement) within warranty or chargeable replacement out of warranty

1. To cater to point 2 and 3 , first one need to identify if the material is within or out of warranty. for this Euipment masters are used. In equipment master it is possible to maintain valid from and valid to dates. Equipment master is unique for each product. eg. you sell 10 electronic energy meters under one order - each meter will have unique serial number , so an equipment is created for a combination of a product (meter in this case)+ serial no. = equipment. Through customizing it is possible to allow a pop up during returns sales creation of service notification. a service notification is only the registration of complaint by customer. at this point the user can get a pop up warranty is expired so he knows he has to create a fre of charge sales order or a regular sales order (if

charging).

point 4 is inhouse repairs scenario.

for this one has to create a service notification -> return order -return delivery - -receipt in QA inspection stock - if QA feels rectification is possible then create service order - carry out repair- confirm service order - perform outbound delivery.

If the material is out of warranty but repairable , a debit memo to be created towards spares parts, services, labour costs.

thanks