cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP adapter provided by SAP vs Aedaptive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know major difference between SFTP adapter provided by SAP and third party vendor Aedaptive.

Firstly, Is it possible to migrate SAP standard SFTP adapter into our existing production interfaces as we are using Aedaptive SFTP adapter and thinking of changing it to the standard one in PI 7.11. If yes, then

What all measures should be taken in consideration if we need to change from Aedaptive's to SAP standard SFTP adapter?

What are the advantages of SAP standard SFTP adapter?

Has anyone worked on the similar case, then please share your experience.

Thanks.

BR

Aki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay

We did same kind of project recently were we replaced Advantco with SAP SFTP  .PFB few observation and learning.

1. There were few FCC features  which are not support in standard SFTP eg. In SAP SFTP adapter we have to use MTB and MTB doesnt support  Record set Per message feature. eg, we can not split one file to multiple messages in PI base on record count.

2. SAP SFTP adapter uses fingerprint in configuration , what we observed that when the end SFTP application have any  server outage, the finger print changes and that needs to be updated again . Work around is to user "*" as fingerprint in configuration.

3.  Sender SAP SFTP stops polling  and it was a big concern for us , but with Latest SP01 the issue was resolved. So make sure you have the latest version from service market place.

4. Few more wachouts would be to test the File naming ,Directory path, archiving features and timestamp notations . It might not be the same as its expected in 3rd party SFTP and must be tested and approved  by end systems for acceptance if any changes.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for sharing your experience, much appreciated.

Regards,

Aki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aki -

I did not worked on Aedaptive SFTP adapter but if i go with their blog on their features, i don't see anything additional it offers.

SFTP for SAP NetWeaver (7.3 compatible)

All the features are supported by SAP SFTP adapter too.

Firstly, Is it possible to migrate SAP standard SFTP adapter into our existing production interface

Of course it is possible. You should be on 7.11 >=SP8.

What all measures should be taken in consideration if we need to change from Aedaptive's to SAP standard SFTP adapter?

There are certain things that are a bit different in SAP SFTP adapter. You should give the file name pattern using regular expressions. For FCC you have to use message transformation bean.

Please find below blog for configurations :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

What are the advantages of SAP standard SFTP adapter?

No additional investment on third party adapters. It's standard  adapter by SAP