SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment specification per subtransactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I have set up main transactions and subtransactions that follow the Business request of our client, and used them in CA and are subsequently transfered to general ledger. Also, billing and invoicing are set. When I check EA40 I can see that all subtransactions are considered in billing run. Also, when I check FPL9 and FPE3, I can see that all items got to the correct G/L accounts in correct amounts.

What Im searching for and can not find (in the system nor on the forums) is following:

- is there a report that would give me the information about the amount and quantity billed per subtransactions? (for example, I want to see the amount billed per subtransaction 0022 per January, separate by rates or with all rates together, and by some fields from contract account)

- after the payment is done, and the documents are cleared, is there a report that would show the payment specification per subtransactions? (for example, I want to see the amount payed in January for subtransaction 0025 for various criteria)

Thanks a lot in advance for any guidelines or help.

Marko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Billing subtransactions are not known for payment by standard.  To incorporate them, you need to customize posting area R410.  As for billing, then BW sales stats should be used - or check DBERCH* tables.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

Please find my response as follows-

(a) I don't think so you will get any such standard report for getting the amount and quantity billed per sub-transactions. However, you can query tables ERCHC, DBERCHZ1 and DBERCHZ3 to get the details that you are looking for. ERCHC contains the Invoice\reversal history, where as DBERCHZ1 contains the individual line items along with the sub-transactions and DBERCHZ3 contains the amount and price data for individual line items.

(b) You can use standard report FPO4 to get the report for retrieving the document information which are having a sub-transactions of 0025.

As FPO4 queries table DFKKOP, so it will only pick up those FI-CA documents which are posted with sub-transaction 0025 in table DFKKOP. In a normal scenario,please note that the sub-transactions which are configured in the rates and against which the amount is billed is not shown in DFKKOP.

If you want to retrieve the billing related information, you need to execute Point (a) and then find the corresponding Print document and the FI-CA document find the payment information from DFKKOP.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think for your first issue you need to look at standard report of sales statistics in  BIW.

For the second issue  you need to create an Z-transaction to query DFKKOP , with Posting date , Main sub , clearing reason ="01" , XRAGL="blank".

Note - I believe the transactions in question are real (accrual) in nature , so income/revenue is accounted for  when sale occurs , not when they are paid (cash payment is received ) , for cash basis transaction you need to post statistical debit , so they hit G/L when payment is received ,so ideally for your  sub -transaction you have already recognized revenue/income , regardless of when the payment comes in .

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Billing subtransactions are not known for payment by standard.  To incorporate them, you need to customize posting area R410.  As for billing, then BW sales stats should be used - or check DBERCH* tables.

0 Kudos

Hi William.

I have set up posting area R410 and I got separate items per subtransactions on the contract account display (FPL9). I can clear them with payments from payment lots, but I still can't find how to get the payment specification report.

I will work on the BW sales stats, I guess that could be the answer to the first questions.

Thanks!

Marko

0 Kudos

Marko:

There is no payment specification report - you need to build it either thru ABAP, query or SE16 access.  Using R410 enables you to get there.

regards,

bill.