Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IDOC xml

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing the below  issue in production.

Issue:

The  XML has a special character # in the middle of a message in a field, When generating the load on SAP the # character is usually sent, after the IDOC is read by the PI, is mounted an XML where the # character is being interpreted as an ENTER generating a break line.The value was split into  next line.

Flow of the interafce:ECC->PI->Database system(Third party system)

FYI:Its a passthrough Interafce and no transformations was done at PI side.

When we triggered the same IDOC from QA environment ,we didnt face any issues.But in Prod where the # sybol was mounted into enter and its arrrive into new line.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please check the RFC destination in ECC if it is Unicode enabled.

Please refer the below blog and discussion

regards,

Harish

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

We have checked the RFC destination and  its enabled the option unicode.

We have checked the RFC's in both QA and prod environments and we didnt found any differences in settings for both environments.

Here the message was received as expected in QA but it is not happened in prod.

Actually the source side is sending # symbol for respective field but in PI its mounted to enter and the value is split into newline.

Regards,

Raj.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh - Can you have a look at the below SAP notes

Note 1004368 - IDoc Adapter: Special characters in IDoc XML - See more at: http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1004368#sthash.DijpoEdF.dpuf

Note 1420744 - IDoc adapter: Rare special characters in IDoc XML - See more at: http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1420744#sthash.zUlC0oAC.dpuf

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi hareesh,

When i gone through the above two notes ,its applicable for when the IDOC is  at receiver side(If iam not wrong).

Here i had a problem with when the sender is ECC and its a passthrough interface..

Actually the source side is sending # symbol for respective field but in PI its mounted to enter and the value is split into newline. for taht respective field.

Flow:

ECC->PI->Third party systems.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Can you share an example  from the IDOC field showing whats in QA and whats in Prod.

Paste the IDOC segment and field where you see this issue.

If all setting in ECC and PI are similar then mostly its a data issue in production IDOC.

Try to generate new IDOC and make sure no manual edit or copy paste is done on IDOC data before its sent .Is it a text or description fields where you see this issue?Generally users copy paste from MS word which leads to these kind of issues. Please check .

Can you extract data from Prod XI and send to QA (if allowed)

Regards

Srinivas

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Sorry to say this its related to tax details  interface and its not allow to sahre the detaisl in detail.

I will give a generic example here.

Step1:When the IDOC was triggered with value <Filed>Rsrsrsrs shgt  fch#abc 1234</Field> from SAP( i have given here the sample value,which we received in the same manner.)

Step 2:When we received the IDOC xml in PI and we have observe the value for the field in the below format as

1 <Field>Rsrsrsrs shgt  fch

2               abc 1234 </Field>

and here # symbol was totally missed in the IDOC xml and it posted with the same  value without # symbol in the  target system field.

Here my concern is even the #symbol was sent from source and its not apperaing in PI in Inbound xml.

FYI: We are using HTTP adapter to sent the data  from PI to DB(Third party system).

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether this RFC destinations  AI_VALIDATION_JCOSERVER and AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER  has unicode checked or not.

If not checked , then please check it. You will find this destination in SM59---TCP/IP connection

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sarkar,

Thanks for your reply,

I believe that the parameters which you mentioned are related to PI box right.

We have checked those parameters and it was check with unicode option only.

Kindly advise on this.

Regards,

Raj.

rajesh_adiraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help on this issue.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please check the settings done in ECC RFC destination for connecting XI.

As it is being a pass through there are chances for the data not being sent in prod properly from ECC.

- Muru