cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on data collection and have created a DC Group with necessary parameters as Boolean (Yes / No values).

As per the business needs, I may have to collect values only for part of  the parameters and save them and come back again for further edit / collection.

But as of now, system does not allow me to save data for only part of the parameters.

Is there any way that I can achieve this? Or is there any way that the parameter fields can be be per-populated with a certain value?

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Did you try with Data Collection Parameter property allow missing value and check Data collection at a later point in the router?

Allow Missing Values

Allows an operator to save the collected data for the DC group by entering a special character in place of missing values. The user can then use the DC Edit activity to replace the special character with a data value. The default character is M, unless defined differently in the LocaleSpecificText.properties file.

Kind regards

Yvonne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

I have come across this and wanted to try this but I believe it also needs some external file to be maintained some where? I had this checked in the parameter but still the same result. Do we need to do some settings some where?

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

You need a data collection with mandatory fields and check the "allow missing valule".

Then at one operation, set the activity "Open Data Collection check" (DC520) as hook on pre-complete.

To edit the entries, you need to start the activity DC Edit.

Yvonne

0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Do you face 'Required value "XXX" missing; enter a value in the XXX field (Message 10015)' error?

If yes, you can edit details of the DC Parameter: set Required Data Entries = 0 and set Optional Data Entries > 0.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes this is the message I get when I try to save with part of the paraeters.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Did you try to edit details of the DC Parameter: set Required Data Entries = 0 and set Optional Data Entries > 0 ?

Br, Alex.