Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HowTo - SysCopy, Import and custom TBS for ACCTIT

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we will migrate to Unicode in few months, we have already try some test but I've got a question.... is it possible, during import phase, specify a custom tablespace for a particular table? We would like to store ACCITI in a custom tablespace due size and to reduce I/O on all other tables.

How?

Thank so much.

Bye.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede,

> is it possible, during import phase, specify a custom tablespace for a particular table?

Yes, absolutely no problem. We already talked about this in this thread . In addition you may need to assign a custom table data class to ACCITI.

Regards

Stefan

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you.... i read the this post but I don't understand well... is there any docu or howto?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede,

You can find the related note 957917 - ORA: Conversion from old to new tablespace layout

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I've just read it... but, sorry, I don't understand how and what change to store ACCTIT in a specific custom tablespace during the import.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>> I've just read it... but, sorry, I don't understand how and what change to store ACCTIT in a specific custom tablespace during the import.

Did you exported the database, already? To change the tablespace, you should create a new data class, noted in the "Note 46272 - Implement new data class in technical settings" and assign it to the ACCTIT data class in SE11, first. Then, export the database and add a line into "DDLORA.TPL" as, below under "# table storage parameters";

loc: <NEW_DATA_CLASS> <NEW_TABLESPACE>@                        0000

Please note that you should modify the "DBSIZE.XML" file to add new tablespace parameters. This is the way that I know to change target tablespace during the import/export procedure.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you... I read it asap. Is it valid also for splitted table? Because ACCTIT is a very large table (300 GB more or less) and we need to spleet to reduce export/import time.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Is it valid also for splitted table? Because ACCTIT is a very large table (300 GB more or less) and we need to spleet to reduce export/import time.

Yes, it is valid for splitted tables too.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

>Did you exported the database, already? To change the tablespace, you should create a new data >class, noted in the "Note 46272 - Implement new data class in technical settings" and assign it to >the ACCTIT data class in SE11, first. Then, export the database and add a line into "DDLORA.TPL" >as, below under "# table storage parameters";

...mhmmm... and if db is already exported, there is any solution to import ACCTIT in a specific tbs?

Thank you.