cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing document type during document processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we change the current sales document type during document processing? eg. I am in quotation creation screen and now i want to change its document type to OR, is  it possible in ECC 6.0?

Thanks

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following are the exact words written in the book.

You can change the current sales document type during document processing (

Overview screen: Sales tab). Example:

- You create an inquiry and during processing, decide to change it to a quotation.

- You can change a saved Inquiry into a standard order.

Please advise.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this can be done. Please read the below link, which has mentioned clearly. what are the conditions need to be satisfied before changing the document type.

Changing Sales Document Type (SAP Library - Sales (SD-SLS))

Change Sales Document During Document Processing

I think this option is available in the lattes version (EHP6) will check this tomorrow in my system.

thanks,

Srinu.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

This is an interesting thing to know.

Thanks for sharing. Yet to get exposure in EHP6.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

Thanks for sharing the link. Now i got a clear understanding on this. It depends on the various checks and on some customising settings. I think this is the reason i was not able to change it.

Regards

Rashmi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Amit, Even i remember one day we have seen this functionality during the discussion with my friend while he was showing me changing the document type from CS to OR, as you confirmed yes this functionality is there in EHP6.

thanks,

Srinu.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Sorry but I am not sure whether this is in EHP5 or EHP6.

Regards,
Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i was reading a certification material. so there it is mentioned that we can change the current document type to new one during document processing. I dont know if this funcition was available in ECC 4.7 and not in ECC 6.0. I tried to change in ECC 6.0 but doc type field is greyed out. Just wanted to know whether this function is possible or not.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

OR is a document type of a Sales order and It is not clear why do you want to change the document type of a quotation to a sales order document type.

Can you please provide more details of the issue?

Regards,

Amit