cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UI5 - Questions on MVC design examples and user guide questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've downloaded the open UI5 framework and plugin for eclipse. I didn't see a forum for SAP UI5 MVC, so apologize if this is not the correct forum for the question.

I have several questions on how to create a mvc project and general questions that I don't see in the developer's guide or demos.

1. Can you please add a better MVC demo or non-mobile demo on the demos page. I am trying to work on a traditional web application with a application header, content, and footer. The examples provided don't help me at all.

2. Is it good practice to assume everything goes in one div content? What if I want to have a div for my header or footer or any static content that doesn't need to be. Or if I want my views to be added to another div but not in one div.

3.  The sample MVC designs you have one controller, one model and one view.  Let's say I have one initial application/root view and root controller.  How do I add or register additional controllers or views with their controllers correctly? Do I do this in my root controller's onInit().  I want all my controls to have their own controllers, so I can re-use them again without having to have everything in one controller.

4. When do I need to include the JQuery.sap.require for a given component? Right now it's trial and error, when it cannot find the component. I've included the libraries I've needed in my script tag, but I'm confused on when and where I need to include them.

5. Why can't I use requiredJS with open UI%. I see that the requiredJS is used in the UI5 librarires, but I cannot outright use the requiredJS syntax and methods to define what modules I need.

Thanks.

Tien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through this, SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all it would be best if you can spend some time on UI5 Dev Center and go through the blogs/documents on how to create SAPUI5 projects. here is the link. It has lot of the content and answers to your questions.

thanks

Ashish