Did you mean: 

Hiding a field in webdynpro component

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are trying to hide a field called as "Forward "  in  inbox

I tried to find the webdynpro component  as below

Also tried to check where is the option in SE80 by openign the web dynpro component :

However no luck and I am unable to do so . Please can some one guide me on how to hide this field . Some one told me to check in POWL but I am not quite sure on where to check please can some one guide me on how to do ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I understand this is your UWL inbox . So you have to change it in UWL setting in portal. it is an XML configuration. Login with portal administrator and here is the path to change this.

System Administration → System Configuration → Universal Worklist  &  Workflow → Click to Manage Item Types and View Definitions. After this clear the portal cache also.

You can download the XML existing XML configuration and modify it and upload it with medium priority. old one you can change to low priority. Also look search for UWL XML configuation to get more idea.

Regards Aromal R

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aromal

Thanks for the response .Please can you elaborate more on this with the below queries that I have ,

1. Will it happen for all user ID or is it going to be restricted to a specific user ID ?

2. The wen dynpro component which I listed above it has got nothing to do with it ?

3. Can it be done from the SRM backend or will it be done from the portal itself ?

Please let me know

Regards

Vinita

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Aromal

Also I checked with the portal consultant and was told that the IVIEW is not based on java but on ABAp webdynpro for which I will have to do it from the SRM backend . Please can you throw some light on it  ?

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok Vinitha,

Normally Task are configured in UWL and you are using POWL screen for this. I got consfued about this.

1. Will it happen for all user ID or is it going to be restricted to a specific user ID ?

a User Group has to be created and assigned the group to specific ids in porta;

2. The wen dynpro component which I listed above it has got nothing to do with it ?

Yes you are correct. You care using POWL for this not UWL

3. Can it be done from the SRM back-end or will it be done from the portal itself ?

Please let me know

For changing the UWL it has to be done in portal and for POWL it has to be done in back-end.

Try this steps in the back-end.

1. Go to the Transaction /SAPSRM/POWL_CUST

2. Select the Feeder SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI.(Notificaiton SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_NOTIF, alert SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_ALERT)

3. Select actions.

4. Horizontal scroll to end. You will see a field " Enabled" against the forward option.. Disable it against forward and save it in the transport.

5. Then run the report POWL_D01 for the user and check. if ok run for all the user.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Aromal R

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Aromal

Awesome .. exactly what i was looking for just a few more questions before I close this post ..

Select the Feeder SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_WI.(Notificaiton SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_NOTIF, alert SAPSRM_IBO_FEEDER_ALERT)

1. I opened all of the 3 feeder types you mentioned an forward was an option in only 2 of them so I unchecked the " enabled' option  at those 2 places .. one place is left it does not have the forward button option is that ok ?

2. Can you let me know how did you figure out from the webdynpro component name that I pasted what the feeder name would be ? for my future reference ?

3. Now , when I see in the screen forward button  has vanished  THANKS FOR that

4. When I run the report I get the below How do I check if it is ok run for all the users ??

5. I want it to happen for all users do I need to do something specific ?

6. I would be moving this transport to production tomorrow so before that do i need to do something else apart from moving the transport ?

Thanks for the help you provided really helped to solve an issue on which I had no clue even on how to begin .. Please be so kind to answer the remaining ones as well ..

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Generally for Notification the forward option won't be there. So you can disable other 2.

2 . From the webdynrpo used components you will come to know whether it is a POWL query. If so

it can be identified from POWL_QUER,POWL_QUERYR, POWL_TYPE,POWL_TYPER & /SAPSRM/POWL_CUST transactions.

4 & .5  You can use the report POWL_D01. Don't give any username in the selection screen and delete all the queries.

6. After moving the transport delete all the queries in PRD using POWL_D01for the users. After deletion if the nos if records are huge it will take some time to load the query for the first time.

Thank you

Aromal Raveendran

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinitha,

Check out below link for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51966

Answers (0)