cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Total Costs different than in Expense report (twice the amount)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends!

In Brazil Travel Mgmt, the Emp has made her Travel expenses and sent for approval to her Manager. But when the Manager gets the mail via workflow he can see double the amount in total costs as shown below

Reason: Test Trip

Paid to employee: 444,86 BRL

Total costs: 889,72 BRL

But on the expense report the amounts are correct as 444,86. In this expense report the Paid by company component isn't displayed.

Please refer the attached screenshot.(1. Travel Expense Form)

On checking the table "PTRV_SHDR - Trip Statistics - Trip Amounts", the Paid By Company field is getting populated with the same value as the Reimbursement amount which is incorrect. Hence the Total costs is seen as double of reimbursement amount.

Please refer the 2nd screenshot (2. PTRV_SHDR Table entries).

Have also attached the config screen for the Travel Exp Type used in the particular issue (3. V_T706B1 - Travel Exp Type). The "Amounts are" field is set to "1 Reimburse to Employee" and not "2 Paid by Company".

We checked the same for a Finland Emp that is working as expected.

Please check and let us know what could be the possible problem. From Workflow side everything is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

SAP replied with Note # 1523821. Issue is resolved now.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Vish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

I've seen something similar to this before and I'd recommend checking the following:

Ensure that the expense types in V_T706B1 have the same "paid by company" indicator as the wage types which are assigned in V_T706B4.

For example, if you have an expense type which is "reimburse to employee" in V_T706B1 and this is assigned to wage type which is "paid by company" in V_T706B4.  Then it can cause this error.

Addition: Check that you don't have the same wage type assigned to multiple expense types which have different "paid by company" indicators.  For example, you cannot have the following:

Expense Type: HOTP   Hotel     Paid by Company                Wage Type: ZHOT

Expense Type: HOT      Hotel    Reimburse to Employee       Wage Type:  ZHOT  (This wage type must be different, e.g. change to YHOT.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks Ankur!

Before going to SAP anyone else who can share some expertise.

Appreciate any advise or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

why everybody is afraid to open an OSS message?

You are paying a lot of money for this!

So I guess Ankur and I have got you a lot of ideas and thoughts about this issue.

I would open an OSS.

Last thing I would check is transaction PRTE - to see all relevant entries of tables and clusters to this trip.

Maybe you will see something there which is strange.

But from my opinion somebody which has deep travel knowledge needs to check the system by himself.

As I would not let any stranger on my system you should let SAP check it for you.

Please let us know what they will say.

Thank you,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Have checked V_T706B4_A and no wage type assignment for the 2nd wagetype. Also checked the program RPR_UPDATE_TRAVEL_STATISTICS but nothing changed in PTRV_SHDR. Thanks for the inputs but didn't work out in this case.

Hi Sigi,

This issue isn't restricted to this particular trip but is happening for any Brazilian Employee. Please find attached screens for the same

1. PR05 - Receipts Tab

2. PTRV_SHDR - Values

3. Exp Rpt

Please advise where could be the problem. Or if anyone can tell why the Paid by company field in PTRV_SHDR table is getting populated with the same value as that of the Reimbursement? Where could we check this?

Appreciate all the help received so far.

Thanks & Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Vishwanath, then I am not sure why you still have this issue.

I suggest that you raise an OSS message with SAP.

If you do get a solution then please post it here.

All the best

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends!

Has anyone been able to take a look at this issue!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

I think all config is correct.

Could you please send a screen shot from PR05 where I can see all entries of expense types?

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Please find attached the requested PR05 screen shot.

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the PR05 entry screen of expense types.

This is the old HR form.

Could you just go to Pr05 transaction open the trip and take a copy of the first tab where you can see all expense entry with the chosen expense types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

There's only one entry in the PR05 receipts tab. Please find attached screenshot as requested.

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

I don't think there is any issue with the configuration but just to sure that this is the case, I would ask you to check your entries in table V_T706B4_A for Per-Diem types and make sure that there is no wage type assigned in the 2nd wage type. If this is correct then run the program RPR_UPDATE_TRAVEL_STATISTICS for the trip and personnel no in question and then check the data in PTRV_SHDR.

Read the documentation of this program before executing.

Hope this helps

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

do have this issue only on this specific trip?

I would suggest if yes just delete it and enter the data again.

From a business point of view further investigation makes no sense....

Sorry for such an answer but sometimes the investigations will not bring any result on an issue.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath

Can you please check your entries in table V_T706B4 - I believe it is a wage type issue i.e the same wage type could have been assigned to 1st wage typeand 2nd wage type fields.  

Hope it helps

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Checked the table but no double assignment as shown below

Please advise where the issue could be.

Thanks & Regards,

Vish