cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to Oki Dot Matrix via Axis network print server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement where there are 160+ plant locations around the UK and they all use Axis 5600+ print servers which connect to the printers via LPT1. i have all the IP addresses of the print servers, however no matter how i configure the printer in SPAD, i cannot seem to get the print to the destination. I have selected the OKI341(and several others) device types and different Host Spool Access Methods. i have the IP address and ports being used, but i just cannot find the right combination to be able to successful create a single print out! am i missing something when printing using this method? the plants will all be using thin clients with these printers hanging off of a windows XP terminal that is only networked via this Print Server! i know this is old technology, but compared to some of the issues i have come across i feel this should be straight forward! am i asking the impossible? or just not found the right combination?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try with the following settings for the output device in SPAD:

Host Spool Access Method: U

Host Printer: LPT1

Destination host: <ip address of the AXIS Print Server>

Device Type: e.g. OKI341

What error do you get for the spool in SP01? Also check the spool wp trace file for any errors.

regards,
Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aidan

Those settings did the trick,

I was including the port in the destination host.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if this device is supported. See Note 8928 - List of supported printers/device types.

Are you using jet direct? Check with your basis the file hosts and the IP numbers in it. See also note 19706 - Tuning the Spooler.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo

the printer itself is supported and we have printed directly to it.

however due to the antiquated nature of some of the hardware, the only way at the time to network the printer was to install a networked printer server then connect the printer via LPT1.  

so half the plants use direct connection so we can print via local printing, the other half have this print server we need to send the output too.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check authorization object S_SPO_DEV. Run SU53 after printing.

See also note 128105 - Front-end printing (collective note)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo