cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we cancel an invoice that has been cancelled, but delivery is marked as fully invoiced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an invoice that was cancelled and then the cancellation was cancelled.  Everything I have found either refers to a release older than ECC 6.0, or does not apply to this situation.

Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Bloom,

I also experianced same problem with my client. Hope below information will help to you.

* F2 Invoice 969015445 was successfully created on 31.07.2013. Accounting Document also successfull created.
*Now users wanted to cancel this F2 Invoice due to wrong material chosen for the Sales Order(they want to reverse the entire flow and set Reason for Rejection for the SO Line Item)
*They Created the S1cancellation  invoice on 13.08.2013. this S1 Invoice has not created the Accounting Document.

The reason  for the S1 invoice not to have accounting document:-

The open items in the F2 Invoice was re-valuated in the month end(FI activity).  During this re-valuation, since the Exchange rate got changed ,the excess amount got saved in BSEG table(FI Table).
In order to release the S1 invoice to accounting, this excess amount stored in BSEG table needs to be cleared through the transaction F.05. Our FI support team had given a clear instruction to the users to clear the excess amount in the BSEG table and then release the S1 document to accounting.

But unfortunately  the users have done a wrong workaround here.They cancelled the S1 cancellation Invoice again with an S2 cancellation invoice which again did not have an accounting document.

After the creation of S2 cancellation invoice, the users ran the F.05 report which did not yield any result (Wrong practice).

Now if we try to cancel the F2 Invoice again,it doesn't allow and prompts message that the Invoice is already cancelled.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sukumar,,

It is nice that you shared your problem here--But How you overcome this problem

Pl share..

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sukumar,

Lot of good things in your post! Thanks!

One comment - Once a billing document (F2 type or any other) is cancelled, then it can not be cancelled again. Would you agree?

Members, please comment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Misery loves company...

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think,you know ,if the posting status is A-"Not yet processed" for any document then you can not cancel already cancelled document in SAP.Kindly check ,VBUK-BUCHK is what in Original billing document and S1 and S2 cancelled documents numbers.I think,,take original billing document number and try to release accounting document in VF02.If it is succeeded then open FBL5N and see this billing document is falling over there not.FYI,please see the below snap shot.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

check first billing accounting document and reverse billing accounting document. if accounting document is not correct then same type of error shown.

also try to reverse and check clearing accounting document for that billing documents.

if billing document reverse properly then delivery number should be open for billing

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julie,

This is a very interesting situation that you have. I wait to hear from if you have been able to cancel the billing document 933024130 as suggested by TW and whether it solves your problem.

@Folks: I am not clear on how one can cancel a cancellation billing document. When I attempt to do it using VF11, I get the error message "Cancellation document XXXX cannot be cancelled", which is what I expected to see.

Would anyone be kind to explain how this can be done? I have seen a comment that this is not good practice, but am still curious to know.

Best Regards,

Balaji SRINIVASAN

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji Srinivasan

The following notes will answer your question.

• Note 388489 - Cancelation of a cancelation document
  • Note 1863394 - Billing type to be used when canceling a cancelation invoice

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

It said it was completed and would not allow it to be cancelled.

I posted the reply a head of the question.  Sorry.

Thanks,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello G.

That accurately describes our situation and tells us that the original invoice will still be set to cancelled.  It still does not tell me how to resolve the problem of not being able to reverse the goods issue.

Please let me know if I missed something in the notes.

Thanks,

Julie

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the delivery billing status (VBUK/VBUP) was not updated for some reason. Search OSS notes for the status update errors, there might be a correction report somewhere. Also check for the update terminations (SM13) on the date when invoice was cancelled.

If all else fails send a message to SAP.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

Very Interesting Point Raised--If system found any update Errors in SM13--How to correct this?

Recently i faced this problem of System Space has been filled by 95% in DB02.

I tried to select it and Delete the errors which empty table spaces---But during this Updation time--Some end-users Posted the Invoices(Both Incoming and Outgoing)...

During Updation error--- i found a very surprising thing :

1.Billing document created once and for Same billing Document--Accounting document created 3 times (with same Cenvat Supense Debit amount)

3.For Some Invoices 4 times accounting document created...

Now my Question is --Is there any Programmatical Relation Between Updation error and repeated creation of Accounting Documents??

Thanks for Help.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

The thread explains cancellation of cancelled billing document very nicely!

has done a great job!

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

thanks for mentioning me!

Yes, often it is useful to search for threads before you create your own question!

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

Yes. Indeed. I just viewed the entire thread and I must agree with you that Tobias Dolgener has explained the situation lucidly.

I now try to correlate his explanations with the issue that Julie faces. As soon as the F2 invoice is cancelled and the S1 invoice is created, the outbound delivery status changes from "Completed" to "Being processed". Hence, we can create another F2 invoice for the delivery, or we can reverse the PGI. However, when the S1 invoice is cancelled with an S2 invoice, what happens to the delivery status? I infer that it becomes "Completed" again after looking at the screenshot that Tobias gave. This is in agreement with Julie's screenshot. The F2 invoice stays cancelled, so nothing further can be done with it.

You suggest to do a direct table update of the VBUK table and change the FKSTK field's value to A. I do not think it would be that simple. The note 331771 says this: "When you cancel a delivery-related invoice document, the indicator for the quantity and status update is generally set to '-' (minus)." So, I guess that some more fields (from other tables) might also need to be modified, in order to be consistent.

Julie wants to reverse the PGI and get back the goods into her stock. I feel that a reasonable way to do it is to create a Returns order and a returns delivery.

Tobias: Thanks much for the wonderful explanation.

Best Regards,

Balaji

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

I like your post! and Yes, Tobias's explanation is excellent!

You say the cancelled billing document (S1) is cancelled with S2 - but that is not the case in Julie's issue. Please see the screenshot - the original billing document and then last billing document have the same billing type (ZTF1)

Thanks for the OSS note, I shall go through it.

Return process is a good idea! kindly give your comments (pros and cons) to go for Returns, in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I'm checking with the plant to see if that is acceptable.

Next question, how do we prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

For this sales cycle where are the goods? (at the customer's place or in the plant?)

Please think and advise the business about the credit note associated with the return process. The billing document has been cancelled, that means the customer has not been charged; thus company should not create a RE credit memo too (to give back money to customer).

How would you handle that part? Also, the RE order and delivery would be merely "adjustments" in the system.

Unfortunately we have not identified the exact cause of this issue therefore it is difficult to say the solution (how to prevent this from happening again). Have you replicated this in the test system? Have you talked with the user who created billing documents? (original and cancelled)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The goods are still in the plant.  We do not want to issue a credit to the customer.  They wanted to reverse goods issue and delete the delivery.

I have not replicated this in the test system.  The user said she did not cancel the cancellation.  Is it possible that SAP canceled it?

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

After deleting the delivery, what does the business want to do with the sales order?

If the business wants to add that stock back to a storage location, for use in some other order; then could you discuss the possibility of using MB1C with movt type 561?

The sales documents can remain as they are.

"The cancel of cancellation billing" is of billing type of the original invoice. So it is not cancel but create another billing document. Could you check the userid who created this last billing document?

I don't think SAP cancelled it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The order is a scheduling agreement.  It was adjusted when the next shipping schedule or forecast was received.

We have an accounting document that does not show as being canceled.  That leads me to believe we do need an adjustment to offset it.  As you can tell FI is not my area of expertise.

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

As you said, this has to be taken care by the FI analyst / user!

Inventory / stock is not the issue.

Side comment - This thread has been interesting and many good inputs from members! And of course lot of screenshots by you, always good!

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sailendu

You cannot Delete A Billing document and accounting document once created in SAP--

Which is a very very Strong point Vs Other ERP Packages like Tally etc...

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

Billing document can be cancelled. Delivery can be deleted.

Once accounting document is generated, the billing document can still be cancelled. Please test this.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Here my Reply is on DELETE Not on CANCELLATION...

anyway thanks for your Comments.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think there is some inconsistency here. Can you try to do the below steps at customization level...

1. instead of creating cancellation document, you delete the billing document.

2.it can be done by removing the cancellation document type in the billing document customization.

3. once the billing document type is deleted, you can reverse the pgi and do the needful with delivery document.

or else is it possible to delete the cancellation document type from table level?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sailendu,

Interesting comment!

In VOFA, for a billing type, if cancellation billing type is not set, then at transaction level, the billing document can be deleted!

How would you delete a billing document?

Only cancel button is available in drop down, "Billing document"

and VF11 is for cancelling a billing document.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

Thanks for pasting many screenshots! It help understand better.

I feel that your original billing document 933023467 is not cancelled.

If it were cancelled the accounting document would be status cleared.

Put this billing document in VBRK and check field FKSTO. if it is blank then this document is not yet cancelled.

Because it is not cancelled you delivery is in status complete & PGI reversal can not be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

That is the problem.  The invoice is flagged as cancelled, but the delivery was flagged as completely invoiced.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

Pardon me for being persistent! Please give the screenshot where we can see the document no. and field FKSTO.

Want to make sure that the original billing document is indeed cancelled. ( 933023467 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

Here you go...

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

1. Please paste the screenshot of billing document 933024130 with FKSTO

(in a previous post, you have given the Posting status = E for this billing document but what about FKSTO)

2. In VF03 put this billing document and click on document flow. Paste that too.

3. To cancel a billing document, another (cancellation) billing document is created. So if 933024130 is cancelled then there should be another billing doc after this. Would you agree?

4. In VF02, give 933024130 and try to release it (Green Flag). What message are you getting?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

Good morning.  Here are the screen shots.

Yes, I agree there should be another billing doc.  SAP thinks otherwise.

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

Good morning!

For billing document 933024130 , FKSTO = blank, that means it is not cancelled!

The status in the document flow states otherwise. But FKSTO is the reason why the delivery is invoiced and reversal of PGI can not take place.

In VF11 give this billing document no. and execute.

If there are any errors, paste it here.

Once you cancel this billing document, delivery shall be in status "In Progress" and then you can go ahead with VL09 etc.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

As requested earlier -

In VF11 give billing document no. 933024130 and execute.

If there are any errors, paste it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

Sorry, I thought I had done this already.

Thanks,

Julie

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julie,

Yes, you had pasted it before! Thanks!

Table level updation -

For delivery, in VBUK-FKSTK (billing status) change it to A (Not yet processed)

Then, can you do PGI reversal?

Members,

Please comment on the risks etc. in this particular case, with updation at table level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think when we cancel the first invoicing document we Should not cancel the cancelled invoice instated we can create new invoice against delivery.

1. once you canceled first invoice your delivery status will become not completed and you can create new invoice.

or

2. Check if your accounting document is cleared because of which you can not create new invoice.

Also I think you need to reverse your accounting document  if i am not wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajanan,

The financial document has not cleared.

Thanks,

Julie

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your VBFA shows that The Line item Number 900001 in your delivery has been created with Proceeding document-3476613000.(this might be your Billing Document number for this line)

You cannot cancel/Reverse One document--if Proceeding document exists.

Pl confirm.

Cancellation of Cancellation--Is not recommended SAP best Practices.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

That is a goods movement document, not a financial document.

Thanks,

Julie

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems from your screen shot that PTH Cancellation invoice was not generated with reference to original invoice and I am not sure how this could happen.  Can you please reconfirm whether my understanding is correct.

If that is the case, please try to cancel the parent billing  document once again and update here whether you are able to succeed in that task

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello G.,

The cancellation invoice 933024129 was for invoice 933023467.  933024130 cancelled 933024129.  I understand why that marked the delivery as fully invoiced.  However invoice 933024129 is still marked as cancelling 933023467.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

pl check the table VBFA  here you find the what invoice and also cancellation invoices ,

like go to VBFA table here enter the delivery number as Preceding Doc.(   VBELV) , then execute here you find the all invoices , and also cancellation invoice,

like invoice vbtyp_n field is M, cancellation invoice vbtyp_n field is N,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Here are the VBFA entries.  What does that tell us?

Thanks,

Julie

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

here 933023467  invoice this canceled and cancellation invoice 933024129 ,  next generated invoice 933024130 , this is the VBFA table showing ,

and also check the 933024130 this document header level cancellation field activated or not ,

delivery completed because 933024130 billing document generated

check above things

regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bojja,

It is showing as cancelled.

pedrofreitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Julie,

If I understood you correctly, you had an invoice, then you cancelled it and then you cancelled the cancellation.

If that was it, this is the standard behavior of the system to have the delivery status as fully billed.

This is what happens, in order:

1. bill a delivery -> billing status "Fully billed"

2. cancel the invoice -> billing status "Open"

3. cancel the cancellation -> billing status "Fully billed"

It is not possible to expect that after step 3 the delivery would still be billable. That would lead to having 2 accounting documents for the same delivery, and that would be considered an error.

I hope this helps you.

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

We want to reverse the goods issue for the delivery.  SAP will not allow us to because it is invoiced.  We cannot cancel any of the invoices as they have all already been cancelled.

What needs to be done?

Thanks,

Julie