Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run Webdynpro ABAP application link on Web

varunride
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created Webdynpro ABAP application which is running smoothly on local area network but now i want to move it on Web.

Is it possible to run it on Web?

Please suggest the solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario which i tried-

I created one machine & configured it on Apache.

It is coming on web but the page is coming as blank.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
varunride
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Our WD Application running on LAN and we want it on Web without EP Server.

Is is possible by any another way to open the Local WD application address on Web.

Because when i am trying through linking the local link with apache server then on web it is retrieving the name which i gave to my application but the page is coming as blank.

Regards,

Varun

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use method below to get the URL for your WD application.  You will need to be on your LAN or VPN and it may ask you for SAP logon credentials:

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'MY_WD_APP'

namespace        = 'sap'

in_parameters    = lt_params

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = ls_url.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SAP Web Dispatcher for secure connections to your system.

varunride
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I am having doubt about SAP Web Dispatcher server that we can use it with SAP Netweaver only.

It is possible to use Web Dispatcher for my requirement?

[R/3 Server (Webdynpro ABAP Application URL) -> Dispatcher -> Web]

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Did you mean, you need to make your application public?

It is possible to run your application if you make your web application server public which is niether a best practice nor advisable.

Thank you,

Gajendra.

varunride
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gajendra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right it is incorrect to make the application server as public.

But my requirement is to make the Webdynpro ABAP Application URL as Public URL via any third dispatcher server. I tested local url on apache server which we use to redirect to public url but it is not working properly (on web view is not coming).

Actually we can do it from EP but i want to skip EP.

Actually want to connect-

Production server (SAP Webdynpro ABAP URL) -> Apache Server or Any other interface -> Public IP

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

here it is help full to you...

Prerequisites:

• Application development is finished, including all configuration settings, if necessary.
  • The Web Dynpro DC was deployed to the Engine of the SAP NetWeaver Application Server.

Procedure:

1. 1. In Web Dynpro Explorer, navigate to the application to be run. In the context menu of the application, choose Run.
  2. 2. Choose Deploy new Archive and Run, to deploy a fresh archive and start the application.
former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

1. As you said, page is blank might be because you may have not assigned VIEW to the WINDOW. Do verify once.

2. Web Dynpro Applications are web based applications, if you want to keep your WDA application in a PORTAL, then contact Enterprise Portal (EP)  or BASIS guys.

In general, EP or BASIS guys will take of this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

varunride
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the application is running smoothly on LAN so we cant say this anything is missing.

I tried to mapped the WD application URL to APACHE SERVER (without any EP server) through Public IP.

When i am opening Public IP the page is getting open but the Page is coming as blank.

It is mandatory to link Webdynpro ABAP Application to EP Server??

Regards,

Varun