cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting entry for TCS differ my 1 paisa in scrap Sales

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured the Scrap sales scenario and 1% TCS is applied on combination of Excise duty and VAT. Now, when i post my accounting entry i see the following figures:

G/L TCS                   131.97- 

G/L TCS                  131.98

Witholding Tax G/L   131.98-

I am getting a difference of 1 paisa, can any one pls help me in resolving this issue. I have tried searching SDN but cannot find anything. I have maintained 99.01% in the Tax code settings as suggested in SAP Note.

Prompt reply will be appreciated.

Thanks

Harris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

You can change percentage subject to tax value as per attached file.

Right now system calculating 101% value as per your configuration. System checking percentage subject to tax  100% and with/tax rate 1% = 101%.

If you are maintain percentage subject to tax 99% then system will also check with/tax rate 1% = 100%.

Then check your accounting entry and your problem will solve.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos

Arun,

I was using 99.01% and 1% , however when i changed it to 99%, i am still getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hariis,

I have this types of problem faced in TCS configuration, My problem has been resolved so you can use same the process.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos

Unfortunately my issues is still not resolved even after i make the entry as 99%. Initially when i configured the scenario and tested in development server then it was working fine, but now suddenly i am getting this difference.

Also, what rounding routine you have assigned in front of your condition types 16 or 17?

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harris,

No not assigned any types of routine against TCS condition type.

Just changed tax percentage 99% instead of 100%.

System will calculating 100% value in all accounting entries.

Thanks

Arun

jayanthmaydipalle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

I have same issue, Please let me know how did you resolve your problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same issue,but it is rectified as group condition is activated for that condition type.Once we unchecked that group condition field the issue is solved.

But if your condition type is a group condition then you have to check other option.

Regards

D.Sunil Kumar

jayanthmaydipalle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured rounding off option in withholding tax and it is working fine, only problem with from SD condition type (ZTS)account key. Please suggest any option to rectify this.

jayanthmaydipalle
Participant
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to uncheck group condition field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to Condition type details and you will find the group condition filed,if it is activated uncheck that field.

Regards

Sunil

jayanthmaydipalle
Participant
0 Kudos

No it is not activated Please suggest another way

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced same issue we have used user exit for this. this happen because SAP did not use three decimal. when it is getting calculated it will show 131.97 but when it get credited  + it will show 131.98 try to debug. at this point i am not remember which user exit we have used.

0 Kudos

Any response on the above question. Have anyone faced such issues in Scrap sales? Pls respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You Need to do the rounding off at item level against the condition type

Regards

Damu

0 Kudos

Dear Damu,

Thanks for the reply. I have assigned rounding routine 16 to both the TCS conditon types, but still the same error.

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the t code OY04 & Maintain the decimals against currency. then the routine 16 & 17 will work

Regards

Damu

0 Kudos

Dear Dama,

I tried, but still same error

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rounding happens only at item level,

Withholding tax amount is coming correct but difference is in SD conditions which are hitting G/L right.

Regards

Damu

0 Kudos

G/L account assigned against the normal tax code shows two entries. One for debit and one for credit. whereas the withholding tax code shows only one entry.

I am getting the amount mismatch in G/L assigned to normal tax code.

Harris