Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Primavera

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have to integrate Primavera with SAP system.

I don't have much knowledge about Primavera(Project Management Tools)

Please brief me out the detail steps and requirement for Integration with Primavera.

Thanks

Debasis Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did SAP to Primavera project long time back. You can use the webservice to transfer the data from SAP to Primavera and the other way around. It supports both async and sync SOAP webservice call. Depending on your project requirements, a java developer may be required to do the development on the primavera side.

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil Singh.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debasis,

There is Primavera Adapter for SAP PI available as well.There are pre-delivered content from Primavera for Integration with SAP.

Primavera Has Webservice capability as well. So you can use SOAP/HTTP adapter to connect. Using JDBC to connect is another way.

This Integration Package is called Primavera Inspire (Search Oracle Website you will find more about it).

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Primavera Inspire can be used to integrate with SAP PI but how about the message mapping,

communication channel and Integration process.

How does integration takes place  for third party system(Primavera System).

Can you please explain.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Primavera Inspire is a product that Includes all the IR,ID content and Primavera Adapter. You only have to do the configuration part using configuration wizard in ID

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil Singh,

If u have any documentation related to Primavera Inspire Integration pls frw me.

Its urgent!

Thanks

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debasis,

http://primaverasig.com/Portals/0/206450.pdf

Above presentation will give you some idea about the product. Look for slide 12 in it.

You can also Visit Oracle to know more about it but you will not get technical details on Oracle Website.

I worked on this product before Oracle took over Primavera.

Thanks,

Sunil

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sunil,

When i build up the integration scenario thru wizard based on the business system how about the

receiver determination,sender agreement and receiver agreement. Do i have to configure manually or its build in based on the business and communication channel. Plus the integration process.

I am little confuse so can giv me clear picture please.

Thanks

Debasis.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Create Business System and Communication Channel. Make Sure you have Assigned Interfaces to Business System (So that when it ask for it, you shold be able to select ) Everything else will be through Configuration Wizard.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2067c40a-5af3-2e10-b09b-b7f939785...

Thanks,

Sunil

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thank you!!!

Thanks

Debasis.

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have a query related to Primavera integration,Is it possible to transfer data from either from sap to primavera or primavera to sap.

What if i want to transfer data from sap to primavera.

What alteration i need to do.Do i have change in communication channel or integration scenario.

Thanks

Debasis.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP to Primavea and Primavera to SAP both are possible. It is just that you have to configure accordingly. You will do all those step required for any other interface.

Thanks,

Sunil

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We can configure either(SAP to PRIM or PRIM TO SAP) in Inspire GUI which run on sap pi as an application.

What i mean is can't we do it in configuration scenario in integration builder instead

of Inspire GUI through WAS.

Thanks

Debasis

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can but then it will not be primVera inspire product and you have to do more developments

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Your key concern and knowledge sharing related  to primavera integration has help me a lot in entire process of development.

You are doing a great job keep the same spirit going...Thank you.

Regards

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunil Singh,

Your response for primavera integration seems to be helpful,

Even i'm working same type of integration process using primavera inspire

where front end  is primavera inspire.

The problem is whenever i'm loading the primavera inspire application in WAS of SAP PI 7.11

with inspire 7.0 user created in WAS of SAP PI for inspire application.

Its end up with error "Error in loading license agreement","Error in loading XI configuration",

"Error in loading access group".

Regards

Niraj

former_member522401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for quick reply but problem being what are the possibility

through which we can connect to primavera sytem for integration.

I just wanted to know the various connector available thru which we can connect to Primavera Tools, I mean a general idea behind Primavera Project Management Tools.

Either we can used SOAP adapter,JDBC

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend you use SOAP, it´s more easy to develop than JDBC.

So As you wish.

Regards,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

About Primavera integration, http://www.oracle.com/us/042740.pdf, you can follow SOAP adapter without problems.

From R/3, you can use proxy, RFC or IDOC.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a SOAP connection to connect Primavera with SAP PI. Primavera supports SOAP.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amaizing,

So We are talking about WEBSERVICE SYSTEM to SAP ECC.

In this case you can use - WEBSERVICE - SOAP ADAPTER TO SAP ECC PROXY OR RFC OR IDOC.

What is your scenario ? Inbound or Outbound ?

Kind regards,

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Could you explain what is Primavera system ?

Webservice ? FTP ? Software ?

Kind regards,

BR.

Ricardo Viana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

You first need to know what kind of technical integration possibilities exist for Primavera (SOAP, RFC, File, etc.). Maybe you should talk to the manufacturer.

BR

Harald