cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAPNetWeaverGatewayPluginForEclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating  relevant connection settings in SAPNetWeaverGateway I unflagged the "Use HTTPS" checkbox in order not to maintain any certificate stuffs and below are the detials i provide but i get error : Network connection error

Connection Settings

----------------------------

Connection Name: use default

Server Host :My IP

Server Port :8000

Client:Use default

User credentials

----------------------

UserName: My Windows User

Password : My Windows Paswd

After Clicking on ok i get below error

Error: Network Connection Error

Any Idea ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

when entering the connection details, the eclipse plugin does a call to the connected Gateway system using the details and the credentials. Probably a call to the service which is responsible for providing the list of existing gateway-services is done.

If this call doesn't succeed, thie "Network Connection Error" is thrown.

It can have multiple reasons, e.g. wrong credentials.

I can recommend the following steps for further investigation:

1) Open the URL of a gateway service that is available in the system that you want to use for connection. Use the same connection details in the browser and check if the service can be invoked.

2) if the service works fine with these credentials in the browser, then try to invoke the same URL in the Eclipse-internal browser (Eclipse -> Window -> show view -> other -> General -> internal web browser)

If the call is successful with these settings, then the Gateway-Connection should work as well

3) If the call is not successful, you might have to enter proxy settings in Eclipse.

Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections

Change to "Manual" as Active Provider and enter the proxy settings.

Enter bypass if necessary

4) Have a look into the Error log, maybe there's some more information there: Window -> show View -> Error Log

5) As from your details, I'm wondering: is your "windows user" and "windows password" the right one?

What is required here is: the user which is available in the Gateway-Backend. The user that is used for accessing the gateway services.

Maybe this is the solution?

Hope this has helped a bit,

Carlos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos